Critiques?

curt15

Reaction score
Really not too sure on the whole colour scheme. The colours dont seem to work well.
http://www.hypergurl.com/colormatch.php

If you type in your background colour, which is around acb7bd you can get a better Idea of what colours work and which do not.

I would recomend getting rid of the underline for the hyperlinks for the menu, and make the border for the content 1px thick.

BentFX

Reaction score
Great Site link!

If you saw my wardrobe you'd know I have no eye for color. Wait... you saw my website... you know :D

Thanks

BentFX

Reaction score
curt15, or anyone...
Look at it now and vote whether the color scheme works.
Anonymous voting is ok.
Thanks!

gabrialm

Reaction score
The couple points I can offer for advice are as follows:

(This has already been touched upon) but I think the colors are too "muted/pasteled". Try sprucing it up with some tighter and brighter colors.

The other is with regard to spacing and text placement. The main section to the left is a little wide to be solely for content. Depending on what you plan on having for content (long articles etc) you might be better served to break it up into two sections, an action bar for the active page and one for the main content.

There is a general rule of thumb to on screen type, loosely it's that the human eye focuses better when it has as short of a distance as possible to travel when reading from left to right (and im sure the same can be said for right to left), making the main content narrower makes it more comfortable for your readers, and that should be your main priority.

Cheers, otherwise looking good! Keep it up.

Gabrial

curt15

Reaction score
The colours are a lot better than before.

I think the text could do with a near white colour, to make it look brighter.