Cron job problem still...

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodyl

Prime Account
Reaction score
I'm still having problems getting any cron job to run. I've been having this problem since the first time I tried to launch a cron job a week ago.

Here's the background:

1. Server: chopin

2. I can't get any visible result from attempting to run a cron job. I've tried launching various php scripts and I've tried various direct linux commands. I've experimented by specifying different paths, etc. I've tried using the linux touch command, ls commands, etc.

3. I've scheduled different time periods, e.g., every other minute, once an hour, etc.

3. So far, I am unable to get any output. I never get an email. I'm unable to create a file or do anything that shows that the cron command has had any effect.

4. Using the 'crontab -l' command, I can confirm that the cron jobs are listed and they look as if they should run, but I don't see any result.

5. I put in a trouble report, but the last response was 4 days ago and it suggested that I try something I had tried previously without success.

At this point, I need somebody with administrative privileges to look at the cron log and tell me why it's failing. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated!

kursnalista

Reaction score
I have the same problem, that woodyl has.

Can somebody to tell me which setting should I make to set up cron jobs.
I read almost everything about these on this forum, and tried several methods, but without success.

My php script works fine trought the browser.

I dont receive notification e-mails too. I try these settings:
php-cron /home/kurs/public_html/xhtml/cron.php
php-cron /home/kurs/etc/cron.php
php -q /home/kurs/etc/cron.php
/usr/local/bin/php /home/kurs/public_html/xhtml/cron.php
/usr/bin/php-cron /home/kurs/public_html/xhtml/cron.php

Once per a day at different hours and minutes. File permissions changed to 755 and 777 (in etc directory). Put in the first row of file (/home/kurs/public_html/xhtml/cron.php) these parameters:
#!/usr/local/bin/php -q
and in the file (/home/kurs/etc/cron.php) these:
#!/usr/bin/php

I am very sad because that. Please help me, if you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.