I don't know what's my cron job command is

Can someone help me?

Username: slapnuts

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
I am having difficulty understanding the nature of your question. Are you wondering how to add cron jobs to your server? If so, there is a "Cron Jobs" link in your cPanel that you can use to add jobs. The command you type in varies depending on what exactly you are trying to run.

If you have difficulty coming up with the command to type in, please state the script you are trying to run and we can assist you in getting the correct command.

bee_jay20021

Reaction score
I installed a cron.php script to execute every 24 hours I was told to contact you guys to know what command to use

/usr/local/bin/php /home/user/cron.php
php /home/user/cron.php
lynx -dump /home/user/cron.php

I was given this example but none of it works

Need help on this so I can buy the premium hosting so I can use the every minute feature

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

Bump need help here :)

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

Now my account is suspended?

I'm trying to fix the cron command but suddenly my account got suspended please help

Last edited:

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Your command would be:
Code:
php /home/slapnuts/cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1

The purpose of the ending bit (the "> /dev/null ...") is so that any error messages your script may output get discarded, as opposed to being sent to you in an email. If you want error messages to be sent to you via email, leave out that bit.

EDIT: in regards to your account being suspended, it appears that you were suspended for hosting a "yahoo auto mailer" on your account, which goes against our Acceptable Usage Policy (AUP) you agreed to upon signup, as part of our Terms of Service (TOS). You can find the TOS at http://x10hosting.com/terms and our AUP at http://x10hosting.com/aup (Note the "Bulk Commercial E-mail" and/or "Unsolicited E-mail" sections)

Last edited:

bee_jay20021

Reaction score
Thanks but my account got suspended since I think I use the wrong command and time. Please unsuspend my account so I can fix it.

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Oh didn't know it was like that. Can I just remove that script so I can just make a normal host for my other sites?

sorry i didn't know it wasn't allowed.

hope to get unsuspended since your service is good

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

besides I never used the script anyway. So I can just remove it

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Hello,

I triple-checked our rules and unfortunately, this suspension falls under our Zero Tolerance policy, as it is a highly abusive script, and even if you do not plan on using it or haven't used it, the fact that it is on your account is what violates our Acceptable Usage Policy. This means that we cannot unsuspend your account as it would risk that the script gets accessed and used before the scanners would be able to shut it down again. Along with this, we cannot provide you any other form of access to your account and we cannot give you any backups of your files or databases. Your hosting account will be automatically deleted after 14 days, after which you may sign up for another account should you wish to continue using x10Hosting.

I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused, but please realize that we cannot make exceptions to our rules. Even if you uploaded the script by accident or never planned on using it, our rules are the same.

Please ask if you have any other questions, and thank you for using x10Hosting.

Status
Not open for further replies.