Crossfire? Not many heated debates here...

phazzedout

Reaction score
Good to hear that I can speak about the ethics of Piracy. Bring up subjects such as, is it really stealing, how is it stealing, who are you stealing from, etc. Thank you staff, I would read the rest but it seems more about forum drama, I don't want to get into that sorry.

joejv4

Reaction score
Because you chose to make this incident public, I will address your incident as a specific example.

I took special care to not mention any mod by name, but now it's out there. I would much rather have simply discussed this with you via PM, instead of on the open forum, however, you have PM's blocked. I was frustrated at receiving a warning and not being able to address it directly with you, so I vented that frustration here, and tried to do it in a tongue-in-cheek way that would not be offensive, but would still show a level of frustration via good old sarcasm.

Had I been able to discuss this in private, I would have acknowledged the warning and suggested the possibility of moving the thread in question, to the OT forum. Looking at the sheer volume of one-line and even one-word replies, the topic itself obviously does not generate a whole lot of thoughtful discussion - much better suited to OT.

Now, back to your points on the rules... HUA! This is a three letter acronym commonly used in the Marine Corpse, meaning: "Heard, Understood, Acknowledged". Crossfire IS a different kind of forum and I understand, appreciate, and agree with why the rules for this board are written the way they are. Driving thoughtful debate is what it's all about and what I enjoy about Crossfire.

I admit and agree that I made a mistake in posting a one-liner, and I will not make the same mistake again. I also want to make it clear to anybody reading this, that I truly DO appreciate that in issuing a warning, you were simply fulfilling your duties as a staff member here at x10hosting, and doing so without being heavy-handed.

x10 hosting is the best free hosting service on the web, and as a bonus,has a fun community to participate in, along with a Mod staff that "gets it".

Edit:
I was just looking at my profile and see that I was indeed issued an infraction last weekend?

That brings me to the question, is there a post/link anywhere that describes the use of the infraction system, what they mean with regard to hosting account status etc?

Last edited:

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't believe that there is any post explaining that, but basically, the infractions show up on your forum account lookup and I believe it may remove some reputation.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
That brings me to the question, is there a post/link anywhere that describes the use of the infraction system, what they mean with regard to hosting account status etc?

I looked up your account information and the only offense you have on your forum account is a warning. There are currently no infractions. Warnings are marked by a yellow card, and infractions are marked by a red card.

Infractions are forum-only and do not affect your free hosting account. Also, you do not lose reputation if you get warned or infracted (as xav0989 contradicted above), but I think you lose some points in our points system if you get an infraction (although I still don't really see the purpose of our point system anyway).

joejv4

Reaction score
I looked up your account information and the only offense you have on your forum account is a warning. There are currently no infractions. Warnings are marked by a yellow card, and infractions are marked by a red card.

Infractions are forum-only and do not affect your free hosting account. Also, you do not lose reputation if you get warned or infracted (as xav0989 contradicted above), but I think you lose some points in our points system if you get an infraction (although I still don't really see the purpose of our point system anyway).

Thanks for the clarification. It is a yellow card = warning. I'm still learning my way around here and it's good information.

As for the point system - from reading old posts in the announcements section, I believe that originally, members could use points to "purchase" things like domain names and such from x10hosting. There is a link in one of the announcement threads, but that link appears to be broken, so I'm assuming that for now, the points system is in place, but not in use for anything beyond collecting points for posts.

My board has a points system in place, users are collecting points for posts, but we haven't implemented anything to use the points on yet. Eventually, the thought is to see about having a means for members to donate fishing tackle (typically things made by members who make tackle as a hobby), then members would use points donation to enter a drawing for a chance to win the donated prize. We haven't implemented that yet, as we don't have enough members yet, but as the forum grows, we'll be looking at using points that way.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. It is a yellow card = warning. I'm still learning my way around here and it's good information.

As for the point system - from reading old posts in the announcements section, I believe that originally, members could use points to "purchase" things like domain names and such from x10hosting. There is a link in one of the announcement threads, but that link appears to be broken, so I'm assuming that for now, the points system is in place, but not in use for anything beyond collecting points for posts.

We still have the point system where you can purchase rewards. As of right now, you can get an x10Email address, a free domain name, or Paypal cashouts. The prize listing is here:

http://forums.x10hosting.com/rewards.php

xav0989

Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification adam, however, I still would need some clarification concerning the points system. Is the point system the same as the credit system, or is it with the iTrader system?

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification adam, however, I still would need some clarification concerning the points system. Is the point system the same as the credit system, or is it with the iTrader system?

Point system is neither with credits system nor with iTrader system.

This is a separate system

The award on forums is given under the points system.
For example:

Adam has "most popular" award because he has larger reputation than any other member. This is counted by points system

Ichwar has "activity" award because he has 100 activity. While adam is on 99.9. This is also in points system

Last edited:

silkje

Reaction score
I have not seen many heated debates in Crossfire. The only one I have seen that is blowing smoke is the one titled, "Homosexuality?"

Are people too afraid to get banned to talk about politics or religion which seem to get everyone's panties in a bunch, but if you read some of the rules and logic fallacies provided by this beautiful forum you will see that if we speak intelligently and keep an open mind or heart both sides can walk out with a better knowledge of their counterparts.

I understand that everyone loves their little polls about which program is awesome and which is a pile of steaming fecal matter, but we should up the ante and talk about today's problems, modern religion (simple questions that philosophers always argue, "Is religion good or bad?" and give our two cents on the matter.

I'm pretty new here and must admit i was thrilled that there was a place for some interesting debate. if there is a well thought out post (or i come across something) i will write when i get a chance!

xav0989

Community Support
Reaction score
Point system is neither with credits system nor with iTrader system.

This is a separate system

The award on forums is given under the points system.
For example:

Adam has "most popular" award because he has larger reputation than any other member. This is counted by points system

Ichwar has "activity" award because he has 100 activity. While adam is on 99.9. This is also in points system
I see, it's one of the new tabs that I kind of didn't get a chance to look at yet. Maybe I should update my tutorial on the credit/reputation system...