Crysis 2 Scheduled to Arrive in Fall this Year!

roh2cool

Reaction score
Crysis 2 Scheduled to Arrive in Fall this Year

Instead of year-end, as reported previously

Electronic Arts and Crytek’s mega blockbuster game Crysis 2 was expected to arrive holiday season i.e. at the end of this year. However, as per MCV UK’s reports, a new trade ad by EA states that Crysis 2 is set to arrive in Autumn 2010. Yes, you read it correct. You got to wait less for this amazing sci-fi shooter game.
Crytek has used new CRYEngine 3 for developing the Crysis 2 which comes for the first time for consoles – Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 besides PC. Award winning sci-fi novel writer Richard Morgan is writing the story of Crysis 2 that takes place in urban settings of New York.
Just to be clear, Crysis 2 is the sci-fi action shooter sequel to the first game and would be available for PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Let’s hope to see more Crysis 2 videos at the E3 Expo 2010 that starts in five days.

Review - http://techzon3.in/?p=577

darksabre76

Reaction score
My computer probably won't be able to run it still but it looks just as good as Crysis (1) =P

chewett

Reaction score
So, have they announced you need a supercomputer to run it?

Because based on their last game it does seem like it will require massively high specs :))

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
The footage that has been shown of Crysis 2 at E3 this year already makes the game look awesome. Seems to look like constant fighting. CryEngine at least from the low quality video that is available doesn't seem to have gotten any huge upgrades, besides the optimization for consoles.

wongers

Reaction score
it's probably gonna be better than half life 2

well consider the firsy Crysis was better then HL-2 I think its safe to assume Crysis 2 will be better too!!

The footage that has been shown of Crysis 2 at E3 this year already makes the game look awesome. Seems to look like constant fighting. CryEngine at least from the low quality video that is available doesn't seem to have gotten any huge upgrades, besides the optimization for consoles.

If its being optimized for consoles then i cant see this being over demanding on the PC if im honest.

krofunk

Reaction score
sigh who wants to bet my 9500gt won't be up to the job :redface: I need to change that