Crysis

blitzkrieg

Reaction score
This game will be using directx10... I wonder how it'll look like on my computer...

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Nice looking game.. based on the first person view it looks like he's using a prototype XM-8; doesn't make much sense since the US government is no longer funding that project.. the graphics are sweet but if you wanted to run something like that you'd need an AMD QUAD core processor, along with DX10 you'd need a 512 MB graphics card.. too intense for my PC right now with a 2.6 HT P4 and a 128 MB nVidia GeForce FX5200

TarinC

Reaction score
i got the same specs as u (spartan erik) and i dont think my comp can handle it. in that trailer there is a lot of smoke, that smoke alone will drop my fps to ~5. :hahano:

Crysis is a new first person shooter being developed by Crytek, the makers of the award-winning Far Cry. The game is to be released in quarter four, 2006 and will be published under EA Games.

In other words, late this year.

List of Guns:

FN Scar The Scar is your main weapon using classic 7.26mm ammo. It has different configurations and is moddable to act like a sniper rifle or even a sub-machine gun.
XM102 This shoulder mounted rocket launcher is able to take down tanks, helicopters and vehicles. It features next generation targeting features.
XM2014 This standard shotgun can be modded to include a reflex sight, targeting laser or tactical flashlight.
MPXA This is a short-range submachine gun. Again modable to include a laser targeting system, reflex sight, flashlight and silencer.
EM70 This long-range electromagnetic rifle fires metal slugs are 8 times the speed of sound.
The Minigun Heavy, like a mini Avenger cannon, can only be used if you have a minimum level of power in your suit.
Hand held gatling gun Rather heavy gun – like the minigun, this gun can only be used if you have a minimum level of power in your suit
Grenades These will be essential in clearing vegetation where the enemy will be hiding.
Rocket Launcher Very little is know about this weapon presently, however it has been confirmed the you will have access to the Rocket Launcher from the time when you first have contact with the alien enemy Most weapons are customizable – even the bullets will be customizable.

If you want to read gameplay info then read: http://www.incrysis.com/crysis/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=72

Last edited: