crytal or shiny effect?

subvertman

Reaction score
somebody please tell me how to make an image like below. i mean those "crystal- shiny effect" something or whatever it called. please. thank you so much. :eek:riginal:

SBG2monthsfreewhite.jpg

IamShipon1988

Reaction score
well which software do you use,
if you use fireworks, then create a shape, (click on item) on the bottom right there is a box that shows the effects you have placed on the item (it should be empty at the moment). you can add bevel (either upper or lower), or there is one that automatically does that, if you use fireworks mx, the bottom selection, contain a special bevel, select that and a edit option will popup, click "OK" and your done.
with photop its basically the same but location differs (havent used it in a while)

here are two examples how it looks

Attachments

• navigation_bground.png
    navigation_bground.png
    32 KB · Views: 67
  • search_button_textless.bmp
    5.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

subvertman

Reaction score
very good tutorial. but still, my skill sucks(newbie:blushing:). just dont get the result as i want.
somebody please help me add those effect into this image.
subvertsignature5bo.png

err can it as shiny as those xbox live banner ?? thank you so much.

Akkarin

Reaction score
Ok, I tried and here's what I got. What was your outcome Subvertman? Tell me if it's the same as this.

subvertman1xd.jpg

Akkarin

Reaction score
That's good, you didn't say wether you liked mine or not :p

I used an oval for the glossy effect, whilst it looks like you used a rectangle, I've never used FireworksMX.

subvertman

Reaction score
lol. of coz i like yours, akkarin. lol. yeah. thats right. i'm using rounded rectangle.
btw, this is the final touch. thanks a lot to you guys. especially akkarin. thanks dude.

untitled13lp.png

Akkarin

Reaction score
Nice work dude! That is much better! Did you make that yourself?