CSS? - background color doesnt stay the same

kshare

Reaction score
Hey, I've got a little bit of a problem.
For pages that don't overflow, say, http://kshare.info/404please,
the area beyond the footer sometimes stays white for some reason, rather than being #666 as it's supposed to.
If you don't see it right now, refresh enough times and it'll be white.
Is this a css problem, or possibly even a server problem?

stylesheet: http://kshare.info/styles/K8B/K8B.css

thanks.

drf1229

Reaction score
I think its a browser problem :O. It works fine for me. What browser are you using?

greatm

Reaction score
Well, I spent ten minutes refreshing and shifting compatibility views in internet explorer to try and see your mysterious whit footer in non-overflow area and never once encountered your problem. I took a quick gander at your css as well and nothing caught my eye and everything I saw seemed to indicate that what I saw was what was meant to be displayed. I am leaning toward it not being a CSS error or a server error and saying that it is most likely a browser error on your computer. I'd try clearing your cache and seeing if your issue goes away, maybe even running a defrag to see if it is just your computer showing some signs it needs a little maintainence. I suppose if you keep having this issue you can try adding another tag to your CSS sheet making the HTML tag have your background of #666666 like you have done with your body tag and see if setting it to that in two places keep it from displaying as white for you.

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Firefox 3.5 and Safari 4.0.4 also work fine. OP, please report your browser, including version.
For pages that don't overflow, say, http://kshare.info/404please,
the area beyond the footer sometimes stays white for some reason, rather than being #666 as it's supposed to.
Screencap? Do you need to refresh a bunch of times in order to see the issue? Perhaps you're running into a browser bug or style flash.

Last edited:

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
have you tried to clear you cache?

kshare

Reaction score
Judging by your replies it is most likely a browser error.
I myself am using Google Chrome, 3.0.
However, I have a friend who also experiences the same issue, but on Safari as well as Firefox,
so I'm not entirely certain what the problem might be.
:dunno:

heres a screenshot:
whitefooter.gif

------------this is the bottom---------

Last edited:

coolv1994

Reaction score
I'm using Inter Explorer 8 and it looks fine to me. I think it might be that when you refresh sometimes the stylesheet doesn't completely load so the layout will be messed up because Windows won't always cache the files right.

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Tried it in Chrome and got white at the bottom. Resized the window, and it went away. As odd as it sounds, it makes me suspect a bug in WebKit.

When I inspected the document, I notice that the area that is sometimes painted white is outside the rendering area of the <body> element. I also notice that you've set the background color on body. Try adding a CSS rule to set the background color on html as well.

However, I have a friend who also experiences the same issue, but on Safari as well as Firefox,
What versions? What OS?

Last edited:

kshare

Reaction score
What versions?

safari 4.0.4 on mac osx 10.6.2
my friend just checked and couldn't get the error again on firefox, so I guess it's just safari, and chrome.
I'm using XP Pro SP2.

Last edited:

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
safari 4.0.4 on mac osx 10.6.2
my friend just checked and couldn't get the error again on firefox, so I guess it's just safari, and chrome.
Makes sense, as both are WebKit based.

Did you try setting the background on html?