CSS help

joeychua

Reaction score
I was looking at different websites, trying to catch some CSS techniques with the help of firefox plugin firebug.

I have been changing the design of links with the use of tag selector a and pseudo class :hover and thought that it was all there is until I saw this site which uses class selector to change :hover design.

Code:
HTML
<a href="test.html" class="menuitem">test site</a>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CSS
.menuitem{
   color:#aaaaaa;
}
.menuitem_over{
     color:#000000;
}
How did they do that or is there something that I just missed?
I tried looking at different books and sites but can't find the answer, may you can help me.

LHVWB

Reaction score
The code that you have supplied there doesn't work at all, could you please post the url of their website so that I can look over their entire code.

This code should work by the way, it uses hovers instead.
HTML:
HTML
<a href="test.html" class="menuitem">test site</a>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<style type="text/css">
.menuitem{
   color:#aaaaaa;
}
.menuitem:hover{
     color:#000000;
}
</style>

crisp

Reaction score
That navbar uses javascript to handle mouse events, the call is made just up the tree before the list start,

<script src="/e107_files/nav_menu.js" type="text/javascript">

if you're using firebug, click on the script tab to view the script (or download e107 CMS and study it from there)

USER.1

Reaction score
".menuitem_over" is the selector name for an element which is defined somewhere else in the script / code as a hover function.