Curious about an article posted recently by the news

Status
Not open for further replies.

matmix09

Reaction score
Hello I have a website with X10HOSTING and I've heard lately that ISIS plans to target allot of wordpress websites. Hitting plugins that have vulnerability problems. I was wondering If at any point my wordpress website was to get hacked by ISIS and they either defaced my website index page or deleted all my content. Would x10hosting be reliable to restore all my content? Or do I need myself to back everything up. Because I'm curious.

Earlier this week the FBI issued a warning that hackers sympathetic to the Islamic State will use WordPress plugin vulnerabilities to compromise websites.

The news article I got this from: http://www.globalresearch.ca/fbi-sa...aced-back-to-maryland-home-of-the-nsa/5442120

I just need some reassurance because lately allot of wordpress blogs have been hacked by these people.

Hope you respond back soon, thank you!

Last edited:

matmix09

Reaction score
Okay thank you, just because I run a news website and they are being targeted allot. I will read system backsups right now :) thank you!!

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Do you have any suggestions for a good wordpress backup?
I do not use WordPress

I use phpMyAdmin and FTP to backup all my files - then move the back-up files off of my host

AngusThermopyle

Reaction score
1. Make sure all your passwords are secure. Uppercase/lowercase/numeral/punctuation and at least 8 characters long.

2. If your admin account has username "admin", make another with a username unknown to the outside world and disable the one named "admin". Restrict admin privileges to those accounts that need it.

3. Keep WP and all plugins up to date.

4. If a plugin hasn't been updated by its author in a year, it is suspect. If it has been abandoned by its author, maybe he hasn't bothered to check for recent security issues. Maybe look around for a more recent plugin that does the same thing.

5. Most plugins are suspect. In general, use as few plugins as you can. For performance and for security.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
1. Make sure all your passwords are secure. Uppercase/lowercase/numeral/punctuation and at least 8 characters long.

2. If your admin account has username "admin", make another with a username unknown to the outside world and disable the one named "admin". Restrict admin privileges to those accounts that need it.

3. Keep WP and all plugins up to date.

4. If a plugin hasn't been updated by its author in a year, it is suspect. If it has been abandoned by its author, maybe he hasn't bothered to check for recent security issues. Maybe look around for a more recent plugin that does the same thing.

5. Most plugins are suspect. In general, use as few plugins as you can. For performance and for security.
Ref. point #1:

XuMUU0b.gif

I'm not going to tell anybody what his password should be, because it's none of my business, and I think there is enough information around now to suggest "password01" is far from being a recommendation. Just food for thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.