Current Gas Prices

htmlnbeyond

Reaction score
It's the law of supply and demand. The U.S. and China re gasaholics, which raises the demand for gas even higher, causing a boom in the costs of oil. Less demand = lower prices. Suggestion: ride a bike, car pool, take a transit, walk, or become a hermit and don't leave your front yard.

nexhunter

Reaction score
@htmlbeyond it is also becuase oil is traded using the dollar and right now with the american economy in a hardtime/downfall the value of the dollar has decreased so now companies are charging more to keep there revenue the same and with the opec organization thinking about switching to the euro since there apparently not getting enough revenue from other currencies due to the dollar being low in value so there also a price jump for somereason due to the wanting to switch which in my mind is wierd

Last edited:

wenchuan

Reaction score
Gas prices over here are around $4.50 right now. It's pretty ridiculous... I don't see it dropping anytime soon though =(

crazyharp81602

Reaction score
Last weekend the price of gas in my neighborhood was raised to 4.17 a gallon (I think), then it went back to 4.09 again. Gas prices is like a big yo-yo, only this time it goes up and keeps going up, then down a bit, then up more, and so on.

steveo824

Reaction score
the price where I live is around £1.28 per litre, not sure what that is in dollars but I don't think i'm gonna bother learning to drive this year, the price just keeps on rising.

azntechguy

Reaction score
It's now hitting the $4.30/gal range here in New York.

The price keeps going up and I refuse to fill my tank more than $30 worth max.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
The gas prices are really going to kill my wallet today. Today, I'm going on a trip in an RV that gets 8 miles to the gallon with a 75 gallon tank. All depends if where I'm going has cheaper prices than NY though.

anirtak143

Reaction score
haha... fares are getting higher, cant save anything... im only high school, 15 years old.. hehehe

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
The gas prices are really going to kill my wallet today. Today, I'm going on a trip in an RV that gets 8 miles to the gallon with a 75 gallon tank. All depends if where I'm going has cheaper prices than NY though.

What kind of motorhome do you have?

JamesB

Reaction score
Well, we can all complain but it won't do much good. I was thinking about getting a hydrogen conversion kit or something that would improve gas milage on my car.
There's also an interesting speech by Lindsey Willams I've found recently:
The Energy Non-Crisis

I'm not sure how relaible the information I heard on the radio just few days ago is, but they said "we ain't seen nothing yet". They also said General Motors has problems because people stopped buying SUV's, and, on the other hand, people buy more fuel-efficient cars the GM assumed they would, so they got employment shortages.

I wonder what car will get popular in the future, maybe something like this 3-wheeler. :cool:
or... this little buggy. :squintdan

Last edited:

DRVIJ

Reaction score
In Australia, $1.60 per Litre for Unleaded, $1.85 per Litre for Diesel, $0.649 per Litre for LPG or Propane.

Have you guys in the US, thought of buying one of the new Telsa electric cars, hopefully the oil and Automotive giants won't kill this one off.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Haha, the buggy is hilarious. (I was laughing so loud once I saw it. :biggrin: )

mad4chan

Reaction score
It's 3.99 for the cheapest gas in town. The average right now is like $4.07 give or take a few cents. It sucks so much filling up the tank now. It used to be like 40 bucks when it was 2.19 or something like that. Now it's a little over $70 to fill it up from empty. I started riding my bike to work, but I have to drive around 20 miles to get to school, then another 20 to get back so it gets really really expensive to drive. I have a pickup truck so that's another negative.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, you want to know something funny? Despite the prices going up and what people are saying about the 4th of July travels being less, I'd have to say this year they've INCREASED. Since I've been on vacation at a resort, the place has been almost completely filled to the max with people.

aushol

Reaction score
Hi,

It is quite scary that the gas prices are projected to keep going up. That will drive inflation up.

In developing countries.. that might result in social unrest.

I really hope someone somewhere can stop this madness.

Reaction score
it's around 4.30 here in washington. i suggest you make yourself an electric bicycle and or buy a motorized scooter. (they can go up to 50mph and many are 100-200mpg). or you could get a motorcycle too.