Currently Travelling, my account has been blocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

longbich

Reaction score
Well I am back jensen. I was not pulling your leg. I am a bloke/guy/male by the way.
I was only in South America not around the world and I only got the one warning about not logging in so I did log in at the earliest I could get online. I am guessing that I was told about being inactive when I was in Peru so I don't know if I could have logged in from any of the other countries I was in. The other problem is that my email from my Australian server often does not work when I am away from OZ in another country. I have to use gmail as an alternate address which seems to be the generic email for when you are out of"range" of your home server.
Well I just checked and I was in Chile when I received that wake up and post email.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
What do you do when you're not surfing/fishing/playing with websites that means you can do these things? Travelling's not cheap even if you do it on a budget!

longbich

Reaction score
What do you do when you're not surfing/fishing/playing with websites that means you can do these things? Travelling's not cheap even if you do it on a budget!
Sharky like I told jensen: "I surf, fish, play with websites, write postcards, send emails, Facebook a few friends and relatives, cook, wash and drive."
I don't think that it is wise to give too much private stuff away on the Internet. I have planned my life around being able to travel so I have few material things apart from the toys needed to enjoy my leisure. I have a lot of leisure. Time is the most important "possession" and I hate to squander it. When I'm home in Australia I am usually planning my next trip. This will probably be to the Maritimes area of Canada on the east coast and then over to the Rockies and the Okanagan Valley. Probably next northern summer, July, August or thereabouts.
You are right about travel not being cheap Sharky but it's all about values. Cars are not cheap, housekeeping is not cheap, accessories are not cheap, appliances are not cheap. So I don't have these items unless they help me with my major goal of travel.
People can say anything on the internet Sharky and jensen so this is all i have to share with you without fantasizing or fabricating.
Good Luck & Merry Christmas
longbich

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't think that it is wise to give too much private stuff away on the Internet.
Fully understood, hopefully I didn't come across differently but to be clear I most definitely wasn't after private/identifiable details!
Housekeeping? Man, you must be from an affluent area!!

longbich

Reaction score
Happy New Year x10ers. I appreciate how the guys who are supervising x10 look out for us. Thank you.
Thanks Sharky.

longbich

Reaction score
Happy New Year x10ers. I appreciate how the guys who are supervising x10 look out for us. Thank you.
Thanks Sharky.
No I am not from an affluent area. I am in a coastal town which is barely more than a village. The main "industry" here is oyster growing. Tourists come here in the Summer and Easter periods. I am not wealthy either. I have been careful investing and I do not have a lot of stuff. It's all about time. Time is the only valuable part of my life. I try to use my time as if it is so valued. I like to travel. Anyone can do this if they prioritize.

longbich

Reaction score
Ha Ha Sharky it took me a while to get what you meant about being in an affluent area with the housekeeping comment. No way do I pay or have ever paid for a housekeeper. I do everything in that line personally. You still have me chuckling there just trying to imagine having a maid or butler or any other kind of housekeeping help. I was thinking more about the basic upkeep or maintenance of my home. Just keeping it tidy, mowing, propping up a fence, cleaning and washing stuff, occasionally cleaning out the eaves. That's all.

longbich

Reaction score
Damn. Where does the time go? No excuse. I was distracted though. i had been backing up all my phots on an external HD and then I thought I'd keep loading everything onto it without loading up the HD.Yep the external drive crashed. I lost photos and info back to 2001. Not a happy camper. Trying to source from different places but have to face the loss. Damn!

jensen

Reaction score
Loading up everything on external HD? You're a real traveller. I'd back up with Google Drive and OneDrive :)
My external drive just didn't boot up and all my data was lost. Like some say if it was really important then we'd do "multiple back up" and these cruel comments come only after it crashes. How comforting!!

longbich

Reaction score
Loading up everything on external HD? You're a real traveller. I'd back up with Google Drive and OneDrive :)
My external drive just didn't boot up and all my data was lost. Like some say if it was really important then we'd do "multiple back up" and these cruel comments come only after it crashes. How comforting!!
Yep Jensen it was a cruel lesson. I had most stuff backed up up until 2007 but then I got lazy. I was "backing" up on the external HD in case I had to flee the house in case of bushfires. Then the theory went that I could easily grab the Terabyte and escape. But I fooled myself. Nothing to grab now. Just get out. Anyway the fire season Downunder has gone without disaster. Touch wood.

Joshcope66

Reaction score
You have done something which is against the forum rules. So, your account is blocked.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
You have done something which is against the forum rules. So, your account is blocked.

I'll make this quick then before I close this topic for going off topic. You have made a statement against a user who has had an active account since February 2012 of having broken the forum rules, so their account is blocked. There is no basis to be making such a bold claim as this.

Fact 1: They have not broken the forum rules.
Fact 2: Their account is not blocked.

We do welcome new members, but we would request that you ensure you have all the facts prior to making claims such as this, so that we can avoid unnecessary confusion.

Topic closed, as we have gone far enough off the original subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.