Custom php settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fred_arctor

Reaction score
Hi,
I am trying to install dolphin 7 so i can learn how to modify it. (ie I don't intend it to be a busy site - just for testing).
All has gone fine but there are some articles showing which i think is to do with certain php settings not being as require.
Here are the requirements:

• register_globals must be Off
    safe_mode must be Off
    exec() (executable files) must be allowed
    short_open_tag must be On
    allow_url_fopen should be On
    allow_url_include should be Off
    open_basedir should not have any value
    memory_limit should be 128M or higher

• mbstring, gd and xslt extensions must be installed.
Are these settings currently set? If not can I change them? And how? Or can you change them for me?

This is whats appearing at the top of each page.
Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when in safe_mode or an open_basedir is set in /home/drx/public_html/date/inc/utils.inc.php on line 1021

Many thanks

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Php settings are set server wide and are not changed by personal request so that the server stays secure. I suggest that you find a way to get around these issues in your scripts or plan to buy a VPS instead.

Edit: I just clicked through your site, and I don't see any errors showing up. What makes you think that there's something going wrong? Everything appears to work just fine.

Last edited:

fred_arctor

Reaction score
Php settings are set server wide and are not changed by personal request so that the server stays secure.
Ah, Kind of thought that was the case. Thanks

I suggest that you find a way to get around these issues in your scripts or plan to buy a VPS instead.
Sorry.. VPS - Private server???

Edit: I just clicked through your site, and I don't see any errors showing up. What makes you think that there's something going wrong? Everything appears to work just fine.

I get:
Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when in safe_mode or an open_basedir is set in /home/drx/public_html/date/inc/utils.inc.php on line 1021
At the top of each page. Do you not?I also have a payed for host based here in uk. I'm going to ask them if they would be ok with setting up these settings for me... Unless you think that this will be the same regardless of host?
Many thanks

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Hi.. Just checked with chrome and you are right:eek:
All is fine.. Probably me just being impatient i guess.
Thankyou so much anyway.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I've searched around and found out that safe_mode is on for security purposes, and that VPS isn't necessary, just a paid hosting like the premium hosting package should allow this.

Edit: Actually I found the error messages while navigating through your Boonex Software installation site. so I did some research to bring these other answers to you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.