Customising the x10 text ads

saachi

Reaction score
The plan I'm on atm is one requiring a text ad. The text ad doesnt really fit in and a small image would be more suited, something more smaller than a banner, about the same size as the text ad "Free Hosting by x10hosting.com".

I was wondering how I could replace the text ad with maybe an ad for x10 that I made, and link it accordingly. You probably run stats for advertising, seeing who comes from where concerning advertising, so how would I go about this if it's acceptable.

Thanks.

Last edited:

saachi

Reaction score
OK, since this hasn't been answered, I have another question to the admin of x10.

I'm a neat freak and in an effort to keep the source code clean, I've placed all the x10 ad code into a function and called it on each page. See example:

core.js
Code:

function phpads_deliverActiveX(content)
{
	document.write(content);	
}

function x10_ads()
{
	if (!document.phpAds_used) document.phpAds_used = ',';

phpAds_random = new String (Math.random());
	phpAds_random = phpAds_random.substring(2,11);

document.write ("<" + "script type=\"text/javascript\" src=\"http://x10hosting.com/advert/adjs.php?n=" + phpAds_random + "&amp;what=zone:3&amp;target=_blank&amp;exclude=" + document.phpAds_used + "&amp;referer=" + escape(document.referrer) + "\"><" + "/script>");
}

index.html etc
Code:
<div id="ads">
	<h2>Advertising</h2>
	<p><script type='text/javascript'>x10_ads();</script></p>
</div>

Does this take care of my requirements or have I stuffed up the ad code? Also, if this is kosher, I think it should replace current methods as it would reduce the number of "OMG my ads dont work" bs.

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
No you have to use the code provided with the text link, or you account will be suspended

saachi

Reaction score
I don't know if you understand what is happening in my method. I am in essence using the ad code supplied, only I'm calling it 'remotely'. Do you?

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I was answering your first question, you will have to ask an admin about the second.