Dark redesign

mikel2k3

Reaction score
Once again ive made a design I hope to replace my current one with. The old ones I have decided not to use im still going to keep and give them to friends, lol.

Anyway, the new one is a lot darker, and isnt fully finished yet, but i think it looks more proffessional than my current online design.

Let me know what you think guys:
Current: www.distrasdesigns.com
New: www.distrasdesigns.com/distrasdesigns_dark/

Rising

Reaction score
darker one seems more professional, very simple, there isnt really anything wrong with it, just seems like you could add more features like a window that does your portfolio in like a screenshot window iunno i seen this one:
http://www.alxdesigns.com/v5/portfolio/
which is what i plan to try and immitate that effect
8/10 because you could do a lot more

mikel2k3

Reaction score
ok thanks.. More crit is welcome all!

I have finished the other pages, but havnt uploaded it yet.

I have been looking at it a lot and im thinking of just adding some extra little things just to make it look a little better, such as a header image to put at the group of text.

I may also get some more photo's taken and put the top banner in a rotation... could work.

Thanks again

Equiflux

Reaction score
I like the darker one better.

But,

In the darker one, the banner draws the most attention, while in your current, attention drawing elements are pretty much evenly distributed.

Last edited:

reichiru

Reaction score
I like the darker one, it is indeed more professional. Looks pretty sweet, good job on it!

Zenax

Reaction score
I love the darker one taht you have created. It is brilliantly designed! 9/10

emo366

Reaction score
Hey I really like them both, out of the two I do like the darker one better, but it all really depends your target audience really.

mikel2k3

Reaction score
Ive replaced my current design with the darker one. And I have added a few random bit here and there.

I think the bits that i have added are:
- Image of me on Biography
- Welcome image on homepage
- Sent/Failed image on contact page

So hurraay

Zenax

Reaction score
I like the picture of you on the homepage. One thing to change is the contact page font in the message box. It would make it look better if the fonts were all the same size!

Otherwise that is great work!

mikel2k3

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback everybody.

Yeah im going to change the contact page text so it looks better as soon as i can.