data lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

jammersr

Reaction score
I lost my data after last server down time. Just around i found the server as down. Now, the data is showing posts of the date 04-10-09.
what is the matter? How i lost my data?

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Are you on Chopin?

This happened to me on Lotus the other day. The databases were rolleb back by about 2 months. It just corrected itself after an hour or so. The link from MySQL to accounts was broken, so the server defaulted back to the latest working one, in my case, 2 months prior.

Hope this helps :)

Naysha

Reaction score
same problem for me... i need to know what happened!! :(

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Don't worry, everything will be fine, just give it an hour.

If you have the option to take your site offline and prevent user access, do so.

The exact same thing happened to me, and I also paniked, but by the time I had done so, and opened support tickets etc, the databases were back.

jammersr

Reaction score
yeah, it's chopin......
Are you sure that the database will be normal after an hour or so?

Naysha

Reaction score
Are you on Chopin?

This happened to me on Lotus the other day. The databases were rolleb back by about 2 months. It just corrected itself after an hour or so. The link from MySQL to accounts was broken, so the server defaulted back to the latest working one, in my case, 2 months prior.

so what you advice to us... wait for db corrected itself ???... or i must use my backup file :S

arenacreative

Reaction score
I really hope so - I spent tons of time on my new blog all this week - I have a backup from the other day, but I am hoping I didn't lose the changes I made on it last night. Can't wait for MySql to come back up.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah, 99% sure.

I think admin must be applying an update, which is causing http and cpanel to go down, then everything to come back online, before they have the chance to rebuild the MySQL links. The exact same symptoms happened on Lotus yesterday (or the day before, can't remember.)

Keep calm, and try not to cry ;)
Edit:
And, DO NOT apply a backup, it could corrupt the database if admin are currently working on them.
Edit:
I really hope so - I spent tons of time on my new blog all this week - I have a backup from the other day, but I am hoping I didn't lose the changes I made on it last night. Can't wait for MySql to come back up.
Same situation for me. Added new forums, groups, and did all the permissions for each user group, to find that MySQL kicked the bucket the next day, and I had no backup.

Last edited:

Naysha

Reaction score
Yeah, 99% sure.

I think admin must be applying an update, which is causing http and cpanel to go down, then everything to come back online, before they have the chance to rebuild the MySQL links. The exact same symptoms happened on Lotus yesterday (or the day before, can't remember.)

Keep calm, and try not to cry ;)
Edit:
And, DO NOT apply a backup, it could corrupt the database if admin are currently working on them.
Edit:

Same situation for me. Added new forums, groups, and did all the permissions for each user group, to find that MySQL kicked the bucket the next day, and I had no backup.

ok!!! hope you're right... i will follow yours instructions ;)
i have just turn off my site... now... just keep waiting xD!

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
It just stops users from making any posts or anything that involves the databases which could upset the system even more. Just incase really.

Good luck :)

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
The problems on Chopin you were experiencing should be fixed now.

Please look through your websites to make sure everything is back to normal. If you are having any persisting problems, let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.