database connection error

Status
Not open for further replies.

julie524

Reaction score
I've uninstalled and reinstalled wordpress a few times in the past couple days and I keep having the same problem. When I go to my site (beautifulmess.elementfx.com) I see "Error establishing a database connection" and if I go to the install.php url for the site I get this message

Error establishing a database connection

This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can't contact the database server at localhost. This could mean your host's database server is down.

• Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
  • Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
  • Are you sure that the database server is running?
If you're unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums.

My server status shows as...

Server Name Lotus.x10
IP Address (not giving that out)
Server Uptime
Server Load (green light)
Apache HTTP Offline
MySQL Online
Exim Offline
cPanel Offline
FTP Offline

I don't know if everything needs to be online for the database to work, but the stats have been this way for months now. And I know that my username and passwords are correct in the wp-config file. I've also removed and reassigned the user to the database as I've read in a thread on the same problem. I even created a new user and database and it gives me the same results.

Please help!

eta: Last night I deleted and readded the user to the database and now its working so I'm closing this.
Edit:
closing thread

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.