Database Connection Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjbonn2005

Reaction score
I'm trying to connect to my database but it wont let me, I have localhost as host, (username)_(DB name) as username. But what do I put for the password. I put what I do to log into the cP, but that fails.
It would be alot simpler if we could assign our own password to that database WHEN we create it.
But what would my password for it be?

gomarc

Reaction score
Just go to your CPanel > Databases > MySQL Databases and create a username and password for your database.

2u8fhi9.jpg

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Do exactly what gomarc said, and also make sure when you create a user that you give it privileges to access the database, otherwise you will get an error :)

cjbonn2005

Reaction score
It doesn't offer me an option to create one, it just says something like type a name for the database, then it just inputs it... no option to insert username and pass. Unless the username and pass is what the "Users" section is for o.0?

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
It's at the bottom of the page. You have to create a new user (if you haven't already) then "add user to database" and give all privileges (grant privilege is probably unnecessary if you want to be more strict about your security).

sbflinn

Reaction score
i have problems getting connected after i put my database info and stuff into scripts
is that from my end or ??
i got all the correct info, ive checked it bunch of times. and idk

gomarc

Reaction score
@ cjbonn2005

Make sure you are selecting the MySQL Databases (NOT the Wizard). Here is a link to a video tutorial http://www.cpanel.net/media/tutorials/addmysql.htm so you can see it in action.

------------------------------

@ sbflinn

You may want to open a new thread posting your script so someone can help. (Obviously, replace your real username and password)

Status
Not open for further replies.