Database error on stoli

Status
Not open for further replies.

KainRacure

Reaction score
I am trying to access my forums but it keeps giving a database error (in short it can not connect to the database)

There ARE NO server alerts saying that work has been done on stoli yet so my scripts are still pointed at mysql.x10hosting.com

HOWEVER I logged into phpmyadmin and it says it is on localhost.

Should I switch to localhost?

If i should could someone tell me how to switch vbulletin to localhost again, i used the stickied post to tell me how to switch it to mysql.x10hosting.com and now that post is gone so i don't know which files i changed :(

BTW PLEASE READ THIS AND DO NOT JUST SIMPLY GIVE ME A FORM LETTER SAYING THAT WORK IS BEING DONE AND MY SITE MAY BE DOWN, IF THERE WAS SOMETHING SAYING WORK WAS BEING DONE ON MY SERVER I WOULD NOT BE POSTING.

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
Work is being done on Stoli. The accounts are currently being copied back.

There should be a config.php file. Open that and look for mysql.x10hosting.com. Change it to localhost

SEYEDFARID

Reaction score
Work is being done on Stoli. The accounts are currently being copied back.

There should be a config.php file. Open that and look for mysql.x10hosting.com. Change it to localhost

I have changed it to localhost but still prompts:
MySQL error: 1045 Access denied for user 'farid'@'localhost' (using password: YES):dunno:

Last edited:

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
It may be due to the fact that it's still undergoing work. Also, You may try this. Login to cPanel, go to edit the mysql users/databases and give the user farid access to the database you're trying to use. For some reason, some users have had to re-configure the access to the database.

Minjer

Reaction score
I have changed it to localhost but still prompts:
MySQL error: 1045 Access denied for user 'farid'@'localhost' (using password: YES):dunno:

but as I changed to "localhost", my site was back ~ ~

and...all my addon domain is down.

KainRacure

Reaction score
Fixed it

Changed the db to localhost (didnt work, kept the change)

Added a new user and used that information to connect to the DB (worked)

Status
Not open for further replies.