Database Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

archianabhishek

Reaction score
I have installed a wordpress blog,it was working fine till now but from last 3 days whenever i try to open it i get this error....

Error establishing a database connection

i cant even go to admin screen...where i get this error...

Error establishing a database connection
This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can't contact the database server at localhost. This could mean your host's database server is down.

Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
Are you sure that the database server is running?
If you're unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums.

what should i do?

bnaylor

Reaction score
check your wordpress config file. Make sure that Your database user, name, password are correct and also make sure that, that user has correct permissions.

archianabhishek

Reaction score
I hv already chkd the wp-config.php file.it had the correct database name.the password was encrypted so i dont know if the password is correct or not.
----Earlier i had php intermediate version before the new x10hosting site came up.now in account panel i see that i m at basic php version.when i try to upgrade version i get this message..........

This feature is not currently activated on your account. All accounts are set to x10Hosting's PHP v2. If you are not sure what that means, don't worry about it....

and my site was working fine for many days inspite of account panel showing basic php version.

Reaction score
Right, ok.

Well all I can suggest is take a copy of your database and the info on it. This can be done in phpmyadmin after logging into the cpanel.

DELETE it. Then import it back and make sure that usernames/password ARE correct. You say you've already done this but a common problem is that it's not always done properly. eg: Not taking everything out and re-trying it.

archianabhishek

Reaction score
thx....the problem got resolved by recreating the database user.initially i got a blank screen at the site homepage but after 4-5 attempts i finally succeceded.

Status
Not open for further replies.