Database Errors & Continuous Suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue_earth

Reaction score
I keep getting database errors from time to time. It's happening again.
When I try to access my blog: http://vikrammaliwal.co.cc, I get :
Error establishing a database connection

Also, when I try to visit my wordpress admin at vikrammaliwal.co.cc/wp-admin, this is what I get:

Error establishing a database connection

This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can't contact the database server at localhost. This could mean your host's database server is down.

• Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
  • Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
  • Are you sure that the database server is running?
If you're unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums.

The site was working fine earlier.
There's also a problem of suspension of account every now and then. I've noticed that this happens the moment I make a new blog post. "High Resource Usage" is the message I get everytime this happens. I blog using "Windows Live Writer". What is the problem??

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I've removed the resource suspensions on your server until we have additional time to look into it.

Please login to your cPanel and go to the MySQL section. Under that section check that your database has a user assigned to it with the correct permissions. Also sometimes removing the user and re-assigning it will fix the problem.

-Corey

blue_earth

Reaction score
I've removed the resource suspensions on your server until we have additional time to look into it.

Please login to your cPanel and go to the MySQL section. Under that section check that your database has a user assigned to it with the correct permissions. Also sometimes removing the user and re-assigning it will fix the problem.

-Corey

I have tried what you suggested. The problem still exists. The permissions were correct. I tried removing the user from the database which was successful. However, re-assigning the same user back to the same database is NOT working. I get a confirmation that the user ---- has been assigned to databse ---- but after clicking "Go back", the user field of the database remains empty! My CPanel username is ppcblog. Please try it from your end.
Edit:
I have created a new user for the DB and the problem seems to be temporarily solved.

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Since this seems to be resolved I am going to close the thread. If you need further assistance feel free to re-open this thread or create a new one.

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.