Database Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraze_T

Reaction score
Hello,for the past few days i have been trying to fix my forum but have had no luck so hopefully i can fix it here.
My problem first started when i deleted a table in my phpbb forum database... the table was called phpbb_users which contains all the user info. I tried to find out here if you make backups as i had not made one.
A member of staff here suggested me to backup the broken database i have, and then completly create a new forum, and after import my old database on it.
I backed up my forum, deleted it and created a new forum. I then went onto phpmyadmin and tried to import my old database on top of the new one, and it didnt work and just created a new database. I also tried to use the operations tab to copy a database and i get this error 'The database (bape_phpb1) already exists! ' and i get the same error when i try to change the name of the database. I now can not deleted the databse created in phpmyadmin, or the MySQL Database page in the Cpanel as the databases dont show up there.
I have run out of ideas and dont know what to do now.

Thanks

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
How did you attempt to import the database through phpMyAdmin? Using the Import Tab and uploading the backup of the Broken Database? Often times when a Database Backup is created (or dumped), the beginning of the file contains text that tells the MySQL server, when it executes the file to insert the tables uploaded into a new Database.

Honestly, when I need to upload individual tables to a Database, I open up the SQL Backup file (a .sql, .GZ files need to be extracted) in Notepad. It's essentially a text file that is human readable. From there, while in phpMyAdmin and with the database I created opened up, I click the SQL Tab at the top of the page, and copy and paste the data into the Query form. It does the same thing as uploading the files would, though this method allows you to pick out tables and data you wish to add. Finding tables in the SQL file is simple, as there's usually a bunch of commented text followed by a command to make a table name and insert data into the new table.

Status
Not open for further replies.