Database Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindsey

Reaction score
I guess when the servers went out or whatever, it deleted my databases and the users... I just tried to create a new database and a new user and it said that they were created, but the control panel is still showing 0/5 databases and I have no options in the dropdown selections to select the user and the database so I can add myself to it.

What's up with this?

Also when I checked my server status, I have this:

ftpd failed
httpd (1.3.33 (Unix)) failed

thordiddy

Reaction score
I am getting the same thing. When I click the link to get into the database php manager thing, I get a wrong username/password error.

eVolution

Reaction score
My forums arent even loading now, im getting a database error message :(

wouldnt mind having an explanation

Lindsey

Reaction score
I don't even get a message..... my site is offline, which I guess is definitely going to happen since joomla is not a stand-alone script and cannot run without the database and the database was completely erased. When i went to phpmyadmin I was denied access. i can't even create a new one yet.... but i know they're working on it.

You know what? Yesterday there was a problem with my database and it wouldn't allow me to login to the administration backend. I was hacked royally because I knew I would end up re-installing joomla. So I created a backup of the database and exported it to my hard drive.

I am sooooooo glad I did that now. I'm also going to make it a nightly thing that is done automatically because I'm not going to take the chance that this could happen again and I would lose everything that I had worked so hard to get up. At least this way, i still have all of my content I'll just need to insert it all back into the database.

eVolution

Reaction score
oh dont tell me im going to lose all my bloody forums over this...

I made a backup but its saved on the FTP host, and its about 3 days old (and my new forums only a few days old !!!) which means most member data will be lost, all the new topics will be lost, and essentially after all the problems weve been having with our site, all the members will be lost too..

For christ sake, just tell me that you can get my database back

Lindsey

Reaction score
eVolution said:
oh dont tell me im going to lose all my bloody forums over this...

I made a backup but its saved on the FTP host, and its about 3 days old (and my new forums only a few days old !!!) which means most member data will be lost, all the new topics will be lost, and essentially after all the problems weve been having with our site, all the members will be lost too..

For christ sake, just tell me that you can get my database back

oh I feel for you eVolution. If I hadn't had problems with my database yesterday, I would have lost EVERYTHING as it is, I have it all..... but that's pure luck actually.

I'm sorry to hear that you may lose it all. I mean, I'm starting over on my site and everything, but it's frustrating to have to redo the same things over and over again constantly.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Ok. This is just going to be the same thinsg over again. I am going to have to repeat myself to everyone. The servers are down and everything. The mods and admins are trying to fix this problem. Please be pacient. This will be all worked out. It should. So wait untill this thing is fixed and if your things are not fixed or anything then please complain because the mods and admins have more things to do than go to every post and say the server is down. Please be pacient!!! :naughty:

Lindsey

Reaction score
MicrotechXP said:
Ok. This is just going to be the same thinsg over again. I am going to have to repeat myself to everyone. The servers are down and everything. The mods and admins are trying to fix this problem. Please be pacient. This will be all worked out. It should. So wait untill this thing is fixed and if your things are not fixed or anything then please complain because the mods and admins have more things to do than go to every post and say the server is down. Please be pacient!!! :naughty:

wow! i think someone got up on the wrong side of the bed..... yes we know the servers are down... yes we know mysql is down, but sometimes things happen to some people that don't happen to others, I certainly wasn't complaining that the admins aren't doing anything, and i certainly don't appreciate you coming into a thread that I created to alert them to my specific problems, as I had an entire database and my user to that database deleted when no one else seems to have had their mysql stuff deleted..... no one was being rude in this thread until you posted. I'm sure that the admins and mods are working on it, as things change every now and then that makes me think they are definitely working on this issue, you however, just made things worse by getting all melodramatic instead of minding your own business... you just had to put your 2 cents in and make yourself look like an idiot, because that's all that you accomplished besides really aggravating me. I didn't mind that it was all down, it happens. I wanted to make sure that everyone knew what I was experiencing and other members were simply posting some of their own experiences with this issue. I can't believe that you think we're so stupid that we don't know and then you phrase it like we're 2 year olds that don't understand the concept. Don't insult my intelligence, at least I can type and spell correctly

eVolution

Reaction score
yeh im sure the admins are doing something about it. Appreciate your input Lindsey, but your lucky you backed yours up. I backed mine up a while ago, and even so, dont know how to restore my database anyways. I just hope the databse will be restored otherwise im pretty muchc stuffed. Ill wait for as long as it takes, even if itll take weeks to get back all my database stuff, just as long as I can get it back. Ive remade my site so many times, and changed hosts so often, that at this point its live or die, and im not really going to bother installing vBulletin somewhere else / here again.

Last edited:

Lindsey

Reaction score
eVolution said:
yeh im sure the admins are doing something about it. Appreciate your input Lindsey, but your lucky you backed yours up. I backed mine up a while ago, and even so, dont know how to restore my database anyways. I just hope the databse will be restored otherwise im pretty muchc stuffed. Ill wait for as long as it takes, even if itll take weeks to get back all my database stuff, just as long as I can get it back. Ive remade my site so many times, and changed hosts so often, that at this point its live or die, and im not really going to bother installing vBulletin somewhere else / here again.

amen to that! i'm kinda in the same situation. this is my 4th host and overall i'm pretty satisfied and have less problems with it than i did a couple of paid hosts. either way, it is complete and utter luck (just how my luck runs) that i had those problems yesterday and made that backup. i mean, everything happens for a reason and you don't always see the big picture but if i hadn't had those problems i wouldn't still have that content. i'm also lucky that my site hasn't been launched yet, so i don't have tons of people emailing me to find out what's wrong. i have full access to my site, i can see the offline page but that's cuz there's no database to pull the tables from. that's all i'm really waiting for, and it's not a big deal, though i live for my site and spend almost every waking moment working on it, so i'm about to pull every single white hair out of my head, which is a lot right now, had tons pop up over the last couple of days :D even though i'm 25 and blonde, at least they blend in better hehehe

Last edited:

Lindsey

Reaction score
i have another question... in my cp server stats it says that mysql is up, so shouldn't i have access to everything? i mean, i still have:

ftpd failed
httpd (1.3.33 (Unix)) failed
mysql (4.0.25-standard) up

but i should be able to create a new user and database right? at least, that's how i take this, but i'm not very experienced with this... i just know basics now

Status
Not open for further replies.