Database Merging

mobstermind61

Reaction score
Okay I have a a Database for a Forum and I have a Database for a Music Community, but I want to merge the two Databases Login and Registers together so if someone creates an account for my forum it will create an account for the Music Community site as well, A lot of my members don't want to take the time to sign in or register 2 times just to use all the features to my site.

Now The problem is I know this can be done but I am not exactly sure how to do it so I don't have to go through all my php files and change the table calls, cause in turn that would take me forever. The thing is the users table in the Databases in both different and have different structure and names, example the Music Community Database has a table called (id) meaning the users registration id, but for the forum it has (uid) meaning the same thing but just names different.

Is it possible to send out 2 messages out to the 2 databases all in one login or registration form, so I wouldn't have to configure the Databases. I am so lost with this. Please help!

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Is it possible to send out 2 messages out to the 2 databases all in one login or registration form, so I wouldn't have to configure the Databases.

Since the data models are different for each package, this is the simpler solution. However, it involves more than simply creating accounts simultaneously. You'll want to synchronise the data in the databases, so that (for example) if a user changes their e-mail address or password for one account, the other account will be updated. The exact design & implementation depends on the internals of each package, which you haven't described, so there's no way of saying anything specific. It's also not a trivial task in terms of time, so be prepared to either spend a fair bit of it yourself or hire someone. For the latter, you could post in the X10 marketplace.

Note that there is no such thing as a "message" in relational databases. The conceptual framework is based on relations, not messaging.

Last edited:

e-base93

Reaction score
It is possible, howver this doesn't work for every package unless you created your own login system.
if you can wait till i get my website up (somwhere in the next few days if i'm lucky), i'm willing to help you with that.