Databse unreachable - service is terrible here

Status
Not open for further replies.

demigoddess

Banned
Reaction score
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

surprise surprise

x10.. you will never get me to pay for your crappy service...

yeah yeah.. i know.. your updating, or moving, or fiddling with something.. or back logged, or getting a ddos, or blah blah blah.. every week it's another excuse.. face it.. you need more changes then just what you've done.. your service is terribad.. yes i said it.. your service is terribad

that is all

tfteam

Reaction score
Although I am not a part of the x10 team, I'l like to apologize in their behalf. Maybe it's just you signed up with them during the rough times. I've been a member for a whole lot longer than you have, and I feel I am qualified enough to say that there have been better times than this. :) They are just making many changes this year. Not just tweaks mind you but BIG MAJOR changes... so maybe you should give them one more chance.

-tfteam

demigoddess

Banned
Reaction score
Although I am not a part of the x10 team, I'l like to apologize in their behalf. Maybe it's just you signed up with them during the rough times. I've been a member for a whole lot longer than you have, and I feel I am qualified enough to say that there have been better times than this. :) They are just making many changes this year. Not just tweaks mind you but BIG MAJOR changes... so maybe you should give them one more chance.

-tfteam

My Join date:

Join Date 09-12-2009

They have had since last September to get the service stable. It's been horrible.

I was running a role playing forum set in an upcoming computer game, designed to bring in players and help promote the game.

The servers were down or the database unreachable almost once every two weeks or more and often for days and days at a time. PS: i run my forum in parrallel with another host and have only had 1 down day in the same period of time.

I lost the opportunity to bring in possibly hundreds of players, it has been nothing short of a disaster.

I was seeking to upgrade to paid services on official game release but at this stage of the game, I am alread in the process of transferring the few members we did pick up to another host.

I have had no choice.

People often spout off on these forums about how it's "free." Free is not an excuse, it's an opportunity for a company to show what they have to offer the client. I work as an admin at an ISP and we offer free 30 day service to new sign ups and other special promotions to retain them. If we had such terrible service we would be either out of business or have an extenisive string of complaints against us.

I am left with no choice but to determine that the service here is unreliable/unstable and not woth paying for.

Thank you for your apologizes but it's reliable stable service that I seek. An official apology from the company "X10" would be just a start to keep me from spreading the bad word about them.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
First of all the service is "free" I don't see any other webhosting company that gives out cPanel hosting which is comparable with cPanel.. Also, during those times we were moving datacenters. I can assure you the paid webhosting is 105% better since there isn't as many people per server and it has 99% uptime. You have to realize we have over 70000 accounts on our free servers.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Since you hate us so much, we'll gladly help you out the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.