David Deland, aka Carl6969

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
In the 10 years that I've owned x10Hosting I've had the opportunity to meet all kinds of people from all over the world. In fact, x10Hosting would not be here today without the help of many of them. Some of these people I've kept in touch with, some are still here on the forum volunteering their time. Some are busy with life and come by every few years just to say "Hi". I've seen people graduate high school, graduate college, get married, have kids. And now unfortunately I have to add passed away to this list. I just learned today that one of our members, @carl6969 will not be coming back to say "Hi" anymore.

Before Facebook, Twitter and the other popular social media platforms we had forums. While the forums aren't as active today as they once were they've always been an integral part of x10Hosting. A place for people to get help, to learn, to volunteer their time. David fell into this last category. If you've been a member here for more then a few years you would have had the pleasure of knowing David, or more than likely, you would have been helped by him. It takes a special type of person to give up their free time to help others. We were lucky David was one of those people. Our continued success as a company is due in no small part to David and the other community volunteers that have given up so much of their time to selflessly help people they'll never know or meet.

I'll always remember David as being one of the most helpful, patient, and knowledgeable members that we had. Even though David is gone now, the knowledge and help he imparted through thousands of posts over years of time will be forever archived on our forum and will continue to help the random searcher of information as Google directs them to one of our threads where they'll find an answer by @carl6969

Rest In Peace David Deland
August, 1960 - April, 2014

jtb_btj13

Reaction score
I never had the good fortune to know ...
David Goodbye ... Rest In Peace ...

tropic22

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, I didnt know David either, its such a shame that the good seem to leave us all too soon, and the jerks like me live forever :)
RIP David.

djalam

Reaction score
He was a lot of help to everyone, especially during server migrations. RIP

nandifamily

Reaction score
Oh my dear! I'll miss him a lot. I remember back in those days, how helpful he was, back when I joined x10. Good ol' 2007.

Reaction score
Hi Corey,

First time I've actually logged in in months also.

Really sorry to hear the sad news of Carl.

RIP.

michaelw1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi Corey,

I'm sorry to hear about the loss/passing . of this x10 volunteer :(

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
R.I.P David. You'll stay alive in hundreds of "threads".

dWhite

Reaction score
I really wish I had stayed around here on x10 and talked to him a lot more. Back when I first joined x10 and through the years, would always have a blast with him on the x10 IRC. Definitely going to miss him.

I know I'm a year late, but RIP Mr. Deland. You were definitely a core part of x10 and I'm going to miss all those good times on IRC with you.

taha116

Reaction score
I did not know this gentleman myself but that's very sad to hear. Its nice to see that there will be people here who will remember him though. Rest in peace.

myforum3

Reaction score
I never knew David either Corey, but i can see that his passing brought you a real saddness, and im sorry for your loss personally, as well as the loss to the many that he was able to help. That in itself is a great tribute to a obviously selfless person. Im sure he would be pleased with being remembered here.

Status
Not open for further replies.