Day 5, amongst the tumble weed

Status
Not open for further replies.

xwebhost

Reaction score
Day 5, Site Still Down.

Anyone else having this problem. Apache, Exim, Cpanel, FTP, all reporting offline. When url is imput to upload page, this is what comes up:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, ------------------------- and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache Server at www.cppc21.pcriot.com Port 80

compwhizii

Banned
Reaction score
Enough.

Stop making new threads about this. If you submitted a support ticket you need to wait.

xwebhost

Reaction score
Heeeeeeey,

I don't go creating things that don't work. Is this how you operate a business? If this is how you go about forcing people to upgrade to the paid version maybe you need a new marketing strategy. If this were a major hosting site, do you think they would let problems like this linger for days on end. Don't bring this garbage to me. I'm the customer. It's your job to make it work.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
I can understand what you mean, my site has been down for weeks and I can't log in with my form account to get a ticket. So as far as I can tell, they need to do a better job. I am sure some of the people who use this service actually have there site used for business purposes. I, however, do not use mine as business, but I would like to have it up and running.

bachstrad

Reaction score
I am sure that everyone is doing al that they can however the deal was free web hosting and all I have to do is log into the forums which I do regularly. Mostly to try to find out why I have a 404 error and no website and is it being fixed because its really getting very boring now. Yes I know volunteers run these things and its hard getting the right kind of folk who will manage things etc etc etc and yes I hvae posted a ticket and yes i am still waiting = boring boring actually since 25th Nov boring.
Edit:
and no I will not put an ad on my site advertising free web hosting with x10 becuase for me it doesnt exist.

Last edited:

compwhizii

Banned
Reaction score
I am NOT a staff member as of this post. This IS NOT offical support. Please create a support ticket in the new support system if you have not already.
Edit:
Don't bring this garbage to me. I'm the customer. It's your job to make it work.

And on top of this you're being quite a jerk.

Last edited:

xwebhost

Reaction score
Use you head before you go calling people names when you don't know who they are.

Overton

Reaction score
Im on the brink of x10 account suicide lol...

7 longgg days...

X10hosting: Make a staff ticket!

Me: Ive made 3 topics and 2 tickets, ive been waiting for 7 days and you have NO IDEA whats going on...
Edit:
I have the same problem and have been waiting for 7 days...they dont know anything about it...

Last edited:

compwhizii

Banned
Reaction score
The staff are busy, and they do know about it. Being rude does not in anyway help the situation.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Being rude will not get you any help at all ;)

xwebhost

Reaction score
It goes back to what I said before. Don't do anything then. If that's how you want to run a business, see how long you last. You are getting a huge inflow of former aol clients who were pissed off becasue they lost their web hosting there. Have you seen aol's financials lately? Look how they lost market share and the reasons why. I don't think anyone on here would have a problem if the hosting site were having issues and they let their clients know that the problem was being addressed. But, when people just get left to sit around and not have any inclination that anything is being done, it reflects badly on the company and your service.

that said, it still should not take this amount of time.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
That is why we have the news section. Go check it out.

This our 4th year running free hosting, we'll see how long we last :)

xwebhost

Reaction score
That was sarcasm.
Edit:
The first post, from nov 30, says that lotus is being rebooted and will be back up shortly. That's a long reboot.

Last edited:

xwebhost

Reaction score
It's. Not. Working. They must have firewalled this account or need to reset the IP address because it was blocked on the server end. It can't be that difficult of a process. As more and more people come up with the same problem, it should help to narrow down the causes.

Picard1595

Reaction score
It is to be expected, that problems will occur when changing servers. Its never a smooth process. Also the Staff at x10 isn't as large as the amount of clients it has which is thousands compared to a handful of Administrators that can solve server issues. Plus no one forces you to use this hosting service there are plenty of free webhosts out their, just x10 gives the most features and support compared to most.

Also, this really isn't a business, I highly doubt corey or anyone else makes much money if any. The free hosting probably breaks even on the cost with the income from Ads which the income probably amounts to very little. Not to mention they are using dedicated servers which cost a pretty penny to run so x10 could even be going into debt for such things. Corey and the other Administrators run this web host for their clients and they do a damn good job. If you think you could do better go start your own web hosting "company".

xwebhost

Reaction score
There most certainly are others. I have never posted about anything before. But, this is a problem here. It is a business. That's why they are in to it. Unless the people who run this hosting site are indepently wealthy, they would not have the time to dedicate to running this business. It's to make a profit, and if it isn't to make a profit, check with your accountants because you are missing out on some tax benefits, maybe some dollars that can be used to address problems. Hey, a lot of people were dispalced by other paid hosts that cut off hosting service. This is a fantastic opportunity for hosts like this to capitalize off of that migration. But the fact remains, you have to show clients that you have the ability to host the site, not just for people who want to have webpages for personal use, but for people who run a business off of their site (which I am not one of). If myself, or others, have to find other hosts for the reason that it will actually host without interruption, then that's what is going to happen because I have been hosted for about 11 years previously and NEVER had an issue before. NOTHING. They probably all work hard, but this is a hosting site that advetises itself to do only 1 thing: HOST WEBSITES. If that's the only thing a business does, then it better be capable of doing it. Nobody would open any other business with only one service and expect to get and keep clients if it couldn't provide the one thing it's supposed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.