DB error

Status
Not open for further replies.

icmysite

Reaction score
I reset my password and I can log in to the cPanel now but I am still getting the error "Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL" when I try to access my site. I followed these instructions from a previous ticket.

1. Log in to your cPanel
2. Under Databases category, click MySQL Databases
As you can see on the MySQL page, all databases are intact. The databases are there and also the users. But eventhough they are there, your site wasn't able to connect on the database. Follow the next step.
3. Locate the category which will allow you to add a user to the database. Add User To Database
4. Select the appropriate user and database you have used for your website and click the Add button. Note: Be sure to choose the correct one or it will not worked.
5. You will be redirected to the Manage User Privileges page, select ALL PRIVILEGES then click the Make Changes button.
6. If all are successful, your site will be working.

This did not help this time. Any ideas?

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Go to cPanel ---> then Click on Remote MySQL

Add this address into the host list.

int.fris.x10hosting.com

icmysite

Reaction score
I did that awhile back and was able to get it going but now I am not sure what is wrong.

elepiyu

Reaction score
Go to cPanel ---> then Click on Remote MySQL

Add this address into the host list.

int.fris.x10hosting.com

wow..it helps me a lot..
thank you.. i thought theres no other way to fix this..
thanks

icmysite

Reaction score
Any ideas guys? My site has been down for over a week. I would really appreciate some help.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Any ideas guys? My site has been down for over a week. I would really appreciate some help.

make sure your database is there in cpanel. Also make your database user is linked with database with all privileges.

icmysite

Reaction score
I can not access my php admin
Wrong username/password. Access denied.

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

I am not sure my database is there. When I go to Fantastico and go to Joomla it says Current installations:None

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Go to cPanel and then click on MySQL databases,

There you can see your databases.

icmysite

Reaction score
the database is there and the user privileges are right, but I cant not access phpmyadmin.

Status
Not open for further replies.