DB SQL problems...some help please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joandajer

Reaction score
i have a problem with my database cause im unable to install vbulletin, according to the system cannot connect to DB...can u help me on this???

Cynical

Reaction score
Did you first create the database you are trying to connect to? If yes, did you create and add a user with sufficient permissions to that database?

Also, remember, your cPanel username is tagged onto everything regarding your databases. For example, if you create a database called, for example, vbforum, it is actually loslocos_vbforum. Same goes with usernames (user "admin" goes to "loslocos_admin").

What information are you trying to connect using (database, SQL user, SQL password, etc.)?

joandajer

Reaction score
i know that, for example i have JOOMLA which i install with no problems before the problems with the server but now i've been trying to add a new DB to instal vbulletin or phpbb and it doesnt work even i've done this before...can u check on this for me??

Cynical

Reaction score
The SQL service is up and working fine... does the SQL user you are connecting with have the necessary permissions?

If you can, please take a screenshot of the error.

joandajer

Reaction score
this is the attachement with the error, i have given all permision to the user and the DB.....

Attachments

• sfgfg_.jpg
    sfgfg_.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 49

k12onos

Reaction score
joandajer said:
this is the attachement with the error, i have given all permision to the user and the DB.....
If vBulletin ask you for a Database name. give it your mySQL name and pass. if it ask for username, give it your cpanel account name and pass.

when i first install vbulletin in my website. it gives the same error. but after sometime and doing what i say above. it works. also notice that vbulletin support cant give you the support for this case.

kryptonyte

Reaction score
k12onos said:
If vBulletin ask you for a Database name. give it your mySQL name and pass. if it ask for username, give it your cpanel account name and pass.

when i first install vbulletin in my website. it gives the same error. but after sometime and doing what i say above. it works. also notice that vbulletin support cant give you the support for this case.

I wouldn't do that. If your Vbulletin config is compromised the hacker could simply log into your cpanel account and screw with everything. Using a different username slightly protects you from that happening. ;)

Last edited:

k12onos

Reaction score
NO NO, i didnt mean the admin username for that forum.

in /includes/config.php (in ur instalation folder) u'll see something like this

// ****** MASTER DATABASE SERVER NAME AND PORT ******

You will be asked for your mySQL database name and password.

Then in above the server name and port, there is an option like this

// ****** DATABASE NAME ******

Here comes the tricky part. try to fill it with your database name
e.g : testing_forum
just assume that testing is your prefix since testing is your cpanel account name.

If it doesnt work. try filling it with your cpanel account,
which is testing

it works for me before, just give the two option a try.

im sorry for the misunderstanding, i didnt mean to say to use cpanel account name same as admin username in forum. sorry :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.