Dead Island

wongers

Reaction score
anyone picked up Dead Island yet??

im thinking about getting it but i'm not too sure.

wongers

Reaction score
really?! from what ive seen of this game, it looks amazing, utter butchery of zombies, it has the weapon customisation of Dead Rising with the blood levels of L4D, whats not to like!?

wattsindesign77

Reaction score
I haven't played it yet but from my buddies that have got it they say its like Resident Evil meets Fallout 3. To me that sounds pretty sweet! Going to be getting it soon!

wongers

Reaction score
heh i like the description @wattsidensign77.
+ a bit of Dead Rising 2 (for weapon combos) and i think you've just about got it!! plus there are some fun eggs in there too, like Jason Vorhees being a hidden boss.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
This is fun if you have people to play with, me and Bryon have been playing here and there.

wolfkrow461

Reaction score
My friend has this game and it looks pretty fun. Its fairly open-ended and you can run over zombies and stuff like that.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
It's a nice competitor to the Left 4 Dead series. The gameplay isn't arcade style which L4D seems to push on, but overall it has a nice story. For those who are concerned about the graphics, maxed out yes they are pretty nice. It's great to play this game with some friends especially when they wish to screw around.

Last edited:

wongers

Reaction score
@mrcherry.pro31 and @jetsetludwig83, your opinions are null and void unless you can actually post something useful.

in what way are they rubbish? i was really impressed with what i saw and played, im not saying its a contender for Game of the Year or anything, but it was fun to play between Gears of War 3 and the Battlefield 3 beta.

please provide some actual points that can be discussed. otherwise, dont post at all :)

cvroy11121

Reaction score
The game has been updated to version 1.2.1 and it's a great game! I can't stop playing it... which for the past few years has been a difficult for any game until now.

wongers

Reaction score
on the whole i think its quite disappointing how game developers now released an unfinished game with a bag full of bugs and then begin releasing patches. this should not be acceptable practice and i believe Dead Island also suffered from this, but its still an incredible game.