Dedicated 100mbit port?

toloratedmeat

Reaction score
When one orders a dedicated 100mbit port, is 100mbit the speed of a dedicated internet connection or the speed of link to the network? Would this increase speed a lot? How much does one cost on x10? These are the questions that haunt me.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
As I understand it, it would be the speed of the network connection. Upgrading to 100mbit may not actually make a noticeable difference unless the computer on the other end of the connection had an equally fast connection (It would make a difference if the other computer was on the same network, but probably won't make much difference over the internet.)
I believe most of x10's servers have a 10mbit connection.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I wonder actually... it's gonna be a virtual port as it's a virtual server. Each one doesn't have its own physical connection, so I'd imagine that the VPS host itself would have a 100mbit/1gbit/faster network connection,and each VPS is limited to 10mbit so one VPS can't starve the others.

It made sense in my head.

The Real Rebel

Reaction score
WHAT, When, where how??? O I thought corey was giving a 100mbit port to everyone on vps :p

ermm
When one orders a dedicated 100mbit port, is 100mbit the speed of a dedicated internet connection or the speed of link to the network? Would this increase speed a lot? How much does one cost on x10? These are the questions that haunt me

didn't the last question haunt you too xD

And sharky i'm sure you are right :p