Default files in home dir?

Status
Not open for further replies.

griff701

Reaction score
I tried to move a blog I have over to my x10 account.....it seemed to work, but uploading images returned a 'failed to write to disk' error.

I've tried that many things to fix it, my home directory looks like its had an all night party in it. What are the minimum files I need in there so its still working and able to receive a clean WP install?

Can I delete everything except the cPanel dir?

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I tried to move a blog I have over to my x10 account.....it seemed to work, but uploading images returned a 'failed to write to disk' error.

I've tried that many things to fix it, my home directory looks like its had an all night party in it. What are the minimum files I need in there so its still working and able to receive a clean WP install?

Can I delete everything except the cPanel dir?

Don't touch the other folders than public_html folder

in public_html folder

keep _vti folder and files and .htaccess and a cgi-bin.

Remaining you can delete.

Then upload the files to public_html folder. :)

griff701

Reaction score
Ok, that didn't have the desired effect :)

I can get to the cPanel, but clicking on the fantastico icon in order to install WP gives

Code:
Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '}' in /tmp/cpanel_phpengine.1270716569.26751bDHpbqMmjC  on line 28
Any idea?

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Ok, that didn't have the desired effect :)

I can get to the cPanel, but clicking on the fantastico icon in order to install WP gives

Code:
Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '}' in /tmp/cpanel_phpengine.1270716569.26751bDHpbqMmjC  on line 28
Any idea?

The fantastico has been removed, you have to use softaculous.

And if the wordpress is not available in softaculous then download from the wordpress site and upload to public_html

Status
Not open for further replies.