Default page appears instead of Home page

Status
Not open for further replies.

johncreena

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a free hosting account on Stoli. Whenever I open my site's home page, cpanel's / x10hosting's default page is shown. There are no updates on stoli experiencing any problem at status.x10hosting.com.

Regards,
jcreena.

Attachments

• Default_page.gif
    Default_page.gif
    61 KB · Views: 90

ziggyblo

Reaction score
Hi,
I used to get this as well until I cleared my cache, have you tried doing that?

johncreena

Reaction score
I always do all the basic troubleshooting before seeking help on forums. Yes I did clear my cache. This has nothing to do with cache or cookies. This could be either due to server error or a misconfiguration by me in cPanel or by the server admin for the whole server or a group of account holders or may be for me only, purely due to unluck.

Any case, your help will be greatly appreciated in further trouble shooting the issue.

Regards,
j

eaferrari24

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue... no word from anybody :S I wish x10 would at least confirm that there is a problem :/

EDIT: After doing some research I tried uploading a new htaccess file... noticed stoli is throwing a server is full error when FTP upload is attempted

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
For anyone having this problem, please answer:

1. main domain or addon or parked?
2. just recently added?

itemx85

Reaction score
Hi,

1. For me, neither of my domain/parked will work
2. Using the service for at least over 6 months.

My situation is all my updates (web pages) will not appear or reflect to my current live site on stoli.
(Like what I said on another post)

eaferrari24

Reaction score
For anyone having this problem, please answer:

1. main domain or addon or parked?
2. just recently added?

1. I only have one domain (a .com) but its setup as a subdomain through x10 hosting. If i enter the main domain (myx10domain.x10.mx), my website shows a "Welcome to x10Hosting.." page.
424JY.png

2. Subdomain has been active for over 6 months, so no.

Thanks for trying to help! Contact me if you want specifics!

Last edited:

tomnoble5

Prime Account
Reaction score
This is just one of the problems I am currently seeing on my account.

I am finding that my directory listing when viewing the same directory in the CPanel File Manager and via FileZilla are completely out of sync (showing things which were deleted 1 month ago for example). I am also finding all of my sites are down with a 500 Internal Server Error and some of my sites can no longer access MySQL. I have a support ticket raised against all the aforementioned.

tyrovc

Reaction score
I'm having similar issues. Was on Stoli, but now in CPanel it says "Server Name absolut", wondering if that has something to do with it. All files are inaccessible, mysql databases empty, and the main domain shows 403 Forbidden Access to this resource on the server is denied! when accessed. Oddly, a parked domain that uses both php+mysql is fully functional.

svcadm

Reaction score
I was having the same problem with my site http://svcadm.tk. I opened a support ticket for which I have not received any replies yet, but after a couple of hours the default page reverted to my site's index page. However, it seems like nothing else is fixed, since the images or any files are completely inaccessible, and also, I cannot enter the public_html or other directories using filezilla. I think it's a server misconfiguration on the hosting admin's side.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
There are scripts running fixing permissions, keep posting issues though so we can make sure they're resolved.

eaferrari24

Reaction score
My website is working again! It's a little slower but no complaints! Thanks guys! Make sure you clear browsing data + dns!

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, yes... if you got the defaultwebpage, clear your browser cache. cPanel does some magic with that page that causes it to cache aggressively meaning even if the issue is fixed, your browser will be serving up the defaultpage for a while.

Things will speed back up (should be faster than before) once everything has finished running. Aiming for tonight or early tomorrow for this server.

eaferrari24

Reaction score
Ah, yes... if you got the defaultwebpage, clear your browser cache. cPanel does some magic with that page that causes it to cache aggressively meaning even if the issue is fixed, your browser will be serving up the defaultpage for a while.

Things will speed back up (should be faster than before) once everything has finished running. Aiming for tonight or early tomorrow for this server.

Thanks Corey! Any explanation as to why FTP is still throwing me a disk full error but the cpanel GUI allows me to upload files?

itemx85

Reaction score
Thanks Corey! Any explanation as to why FTP is still throwing me a disk full error but the cpanel GUI allows me to upload files?

Some updates.

Now I could drop/upload files from php scripts on my site or by cPanel.
However, the cP GUI will not allow me to overwrite files unless I delete them and re-upload later from GUI.
This happens with no error notifications.

And FTP is still not working, it keeps return error 552 Disk full.

*edit* One more thing, my site statistics shows I am using 0.01MB / 1024MB ,
but I believe mine is already taking more than 100MBs

Thanks for the devoted time anyway. :)

Last edited:

mika_hakkinen10159

Reaction score
Hey, guys what is it happening here ?
Last night my website was inaccessable. I posted in another topic. I got an 403 error and I'm on Stoli.
Today when i tried to load my website this showed instead. Please look at the screenshots. Here is the link for my website http://bulgariansimworld.x10.mx/
1.jpg2.jpg

Instead of my normal blog it says "**** this". I've tried to open other pages from the website that don't use MySQL databases they work fine. For example this http://bulgariansimworld.x10.mx/championships.html . I have two MySQL databases. One is for the forum, the other for the blog. The forum is displaying an error.
3.jpg

What should I do ? Is my website hacked or this is some kind of joke ? :frown:

Status
Not open for further replies.