Default Page Issues

somavian

Reaction score
I'm having some issues with my index.php page not appearing when I go to my site in Google Chrome, I get "/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi" instead. What confuses me is that this only occurs in Google Chrome and not in Internet Explorer or Firefox. Anyone have any ideas?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Clear your Chrome browser cache and history. Then close it. Then open it again and try our site.

lycansof

Reaction score
I've got an asp.net forms page as my index.aspx page. I've set the automatic redirect for all public domains to this URL, only have one anyway, however upon redirecting, the page only shows the coding for the site. Is there an issue with ASP.Net on the server?

Any help is appreciated.

lycansof

Reaction score
Back Again.

Ok so now I'm a premium member. Uploaded my ASP.Net site via ftp. All files are there, but still have same problem. Is there some special software I must install on the site itself? I've tried uploading it with several different programs, finally I just chose to use the VS2008 Publish Website. Everything compiles beforehand so I'm stuck...

Again, any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
There's nothing you have to (or can) install -- the Mono environment should be installed already (and it requires access you don't have to install if it's not already installed). If Mono isn't up and running, you'll need to open a support ticket to get it fixed.

That said, be aware that Mono isn't ASP.NET on a Windows server with IIS. It doesn't do all of ASP.NET, and its not always perfectly compatible in the parts it does do. It's just a way of making ASP.NET code run on *nix servers so that programmers can leverage that skill set without needing Windows servers (which may either be too expensive or just not what your IT department supports). It might help to be aware of Mono's limitations before you go much further, so go to the Mono Project site and check the overview and compatibility documentation. You may have to rewrite parts of your code, or may be trying to use elements of ASP.NET that Mono doesn't support.