Default Web Page changed subdomains

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlgagertech24

Reaction score
I just changed my subdomain from windowstech.x10.mx to thegeekforum.x10.mx and now both show Default Web Page. Also I can connect to both with ftp and the files are still there.

If someone could tell me what the problem is it would be a huge help.

thanks
jlgagertech24

ps. I already did ipconfig /flushdns and cleared my browser cache.

Last edited:

jlgagertech24

Reaction score
I did read that thread and did all of it. I even restarted my computer. Also I tried it on another computer in my network with the same result.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Works fine here, so I will bet that your DNS provider (possibly your ISP) is still showing the old url as actually existing, and hasn't updated to the new one.

I would also venture to guess that FTP -would- work since it'd point to the same server, so if the ISP serves you up the "old" url's ip address, it'd actually still work to connect as the IP didn't change.

If this is the case, give it 24hr and then try clearing cache/flushing DNS and restarting browser to see if it fixes it. For what it's worth, I can confirm the new url, http://thegeekforum.x10.mx/ , does function, I get a PHPBB board.

jlgagertech24

Reaction score
Ok thanks guys I guess I just have to wait it out. Thanks for the help.

---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 AM ----------

I reset my dsl modem and that fixed it :) stupid Verizon lol
thanks again guys

Status
Not open for further replies.