Deleted entire public directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomjkear

Reaction score
I created an FTP user pointing straight at the public directory of my hosting site, then when I deleted the user it took all the files with it.

So sorry to be a pain, but please can someone reset my account or remove it so that I can recreate from scratch? I can replace my files but don't know what default items I lost in the process.

Thanks,
Tom

Here is the completed form to hopefully speed the process:
cPanel username: localtal

(X) Inserting an X inside the parentheses signifies that I have made all necessary backups of my free hosting account and will not hold x10Hosting responsible for any data I am unable to recover after my free hosting account is deleted. The X also serves as my digital signature verifying that I have proper authorization to request account deletion of the account specified.

Last edited:

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Before proceeding with the deletion of your account, did the FTP user delete only the public_html folder (and everything in it) or other folders as well?

tomjkear

Reaction score
Hi xav0989,

As far as I can tell it just delete the public_html folder and it's contents. I had this set as the default directory for the FTP user to look at when I removed the account.

Regards,
Tom

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Hello,

I have deleted your account, you can sign up for a new hosting account by logging into your account panel with your email address and password, clicking Hosting at the top, and following the links there to sign up again. Let me know if you run into any issues (and list specific error messages and codes if you see them).

Thank you for using x10Hosting!

tomjkear

Reaction score
Hello,

I have deleted your account, you can sign up for a new hosting account by logging into your account panel with your email address and password, clicking Hosting at the top, and following the links there to sign up again. Let me know if you run into any issues (and list specific error messages and codes if you see them).

Thank you for using x10Hosting!

Thanks mate. I have recreated the account with all the same details and just waiting for the dust to settle. At the moment I get a server error from the default page so I will close this thread as soon as it's all working.

EDIT: Lovely, everything is working again. Thanks for the great support!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.