Deleted files in File Manager, can't recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eliteslk

Reaction score
Hi Forumers,

I'm running into a little problem here, hope someone can help me.

I have:
joomla 2.5
phpbb
community builder
jfusion (installed last night)

Ok, let me explain briefly what happened. I installed jfusion last night, and I think I didnt configure it properly. When I tried to login the admin side today, my password didn't work.
At first I thought my site might of gotten hacked. The more I looked into it, I realized it was the jfusion plugin that I didnt configure correctly.

So to fix this, I thought removing the jfusion plugin would work. So I deleted the tables and anything to do with jfusion in my file manager. That didn't fix the problem.
(yes I should of known better, or ask, but I'm new to this stuff)

Later I found on the JFusion site, this problem occurs often enough, and they had a simple query to fix the issue. But now all is deleted, and when I try to access my admin side for joomla, I get a jfusion php missing error.

Now I know its possible to recover stuff when deleted, what I find is odd, when I click on the "Legacy File Manager" in the CPanel, it shows the trash can with something in it, but nothing to recover, If I click on the can, I'm afraid it will delete something, if it is there. I was wondering how can I recover my files. If I can't recover them it seems like I will have to start all over. (really don't want that, months of work gone)

Thanks in advanced

Duke™

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
The trash can was removed with the current File Manager, now once you delete a file it is gone for good. You should always take backups of your data.

eliteslk

Reaction score
Hi,
thanks for the reply

I have no backups. It was not live yet, I didnt think I would need one. Guess I was wrong.

Ok so I'm pretty much in a mess right now lol.

start over is my only option at this point?

Thanks

Duke™

Status
Not open for further replies.