Deleted public_html and problem with forum account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

loopsem

Reaction score
First of all this is not the forum account related to my x10hosting account (Ill explain why later) but ill suerly be able to identify me perhaps by giving my account id to an admin. ;)

Here are my problems:

1. I cant log into the forums with the user name I created while signing up to x10hosting.com, which is matûk. That might be because of the ^ character. :nuts:
After failing to log in many times I asked for my password to be reseted and it was, I received a mail with the new password but still could not log in.

2. Messing up with the file manager I accidentally deleted public_html :doh:,
I tryed to recreate it but it was obviously not restored.

Thanks for reading.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Once a folder is deleted, it is deleted and gone forever. You can create a new public_html folder and you should be able to have a functioning website again. If not, you will probably need to have an administrator fix your account.

If you cannot login using your old forum login, you should submit a ticket and have the account either deleted or renamed so it is usable, and then have this account removed.

http://support.x10hosting.com

htwillis

Reaction score
I think the www folder works too. Have you tried using the www folder?

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
the WWW folder is a symbolic directory, it isn't actually a directory. It is similar to a shortcut on Windows.

tittat

Reaction score
If in case you deleted your public_html folder,we can recreate your whole account for you.But remember all your data including databases will be lost when once your account is recreated.
To recreate your account please submit a support ticket http://support.x10hosting.com

And regarding your forum account matûk, i cant find any account with username matûk from the mod control panel. But the user matûk exists.

loopsem

Reaction score
If in case you deleted your public_html folder,we can recreate your whole account for you.But remember all your data including databases will be lost when once your account is recreated.
To recreate your account please submit a support ticket http://support.x10hosting.com
Thanks, Ill do that now.

And regarding your forum account matûk, i cant find any account with username matûk from the mod control panel. But the user matûk exists.
How curious, I am able to log into the account management system without any trouble using matûk and the new password.
I have no experience with vBulletin, but Ive used that user name in many phpBB forums including ones I admin.
Im pretty sure û turns û in php preescript and maybe there was a trouble with the input data saving into the database, which Im not sure.
A way to fix that would be an administrator changing my user name and/or entering the database to fix the issue :biggrin:, but if theres no way that can happen then I will ask that the forum account related to my x10hosting one is changed.:happysad:

Attachments

• ticksisprob.JPG
    ticksisprob.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 75
  • ticksisprob2.JPG
    ticksisprob2.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

tittat

Reaction score
Have you tried logging in with the username matûk instead of matûk ????

loopsem

Reaction score
attachment.php

attachment.php

This happened after logging into my account management system (with matûk) and clicking Open a Support Ticket; and I think its because of the forum account, again. I would be pretty glad if someone changed my username (matûk`s) in the administration control panel.
Have you tried logging in with the username matûk instead of matûk ????
No, let me log out and try.

luishem

Reaction score
No, let me log out and try.
Lol! I logged. How could Ive not thought that?:biggrin:
Any way there will be still some trouble because Ill have to log in with diferent user names meaning I wont be able to jump from account management-forum-support desk.
So, now Im iddentified and would really appreciate it if someone changed my user name.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
2. Messing up with the file manager I accidentally deleted public_html :doh:,
I tryed to recreate it but it was obviously not restored.
Did you try recovering your files with the daily updates zodiac.x10hosting.com provides for you?

luishem

Reaction score
I will ask an admin if a fix is available for you.You should receive a reply soon.
Thanks, I appreciate it.:fingersx:
And, if he (she) thinks its a better solution, theres no problem if they delete my account so I can recreate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.