deleted some folders can it be restored and uploading issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

uchenna0

Reaction score
I was uploading some folders and files in the public_html so that my aspx files can work. There are some folders that normally come with a newly opened account like cgi-bin etc. I deleted some of those files thinking that its not necessary. I uploaded some files and viewed my URL and discovered this error this familiar error

!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>

<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>

</system.web>
</configuration>

This is not a problem cos i know what to do simply have to change
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" to "Off"

I have changed this and am still getting the same error as if the file is not uploading and its showing me upload complete that is 100%.

I check the box that says thick to overight existing files and walla, I am not seeing the dialog box that normally comes out when you want to overight existing files, which implies that either the system is not uploading correctly or the folders i deleted maybe affected my account.
What do I do.
I have uploaded more than 10 times. I am very familiar with this error cos I have seen and solved it in other hosting companies.

Thanks in advanced.:confused:

uchenna0

Reaction score
Pls do not bother to answer this cos i have solved this issue. Thanks

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
You managed to solve the problem, so i am going to close this thread.

***Thread Closed***

Status
Not open for further replies.