Deleting DNS Zone Entries for mysubdomain.x10.mx

Status
Not open for further replies.

digimanpk28

Reaction score
Hello,
I have recently attached my free hosting account at x10 Hosting with a co.cc domain. Since, now, I have two URLs through which i can visit my website, I was wondering about deleting DNS Zone entries (A and CNAME) for my subdomain which was assigned to me by x10 Hosting (mysubdomain.x10.mx). I am interested in doing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) of my website, and would not like Google or other search engines to classify my content as duplicate, since it will be accessible by two URL. By doing this, I would like to make my website accessible only through the attached co.cc domain.
So, My questions are
- would deletion of entries for subdomain allow me to achieve what I am trying to do?
- Is it permitted by x10 hosting??

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

You can do this via http://x10hosting.com/control and updating your main domain. If you have your co.cc as an add-on or parked domain be sure to remove them before doing this process.

Thanks,
Brandon

digimanpk28

Reaction score
So, its ok to remove my .co.cc domain from parked domain list since it now has entries in DNS Zone and also to delete entries for mydomain.x10.mx? Cane you Please confirm that there should be no domain resolution problem!

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes you can proceed ,but strictly follow what Brandon said.

digimanpk28

Reaction score
OK. Thanks for quick reply. One more thing now, What does "updating your main domain." means, as said by Brandon. Do i need to change any settings on my .co.cc domain?? if yes, then can you please tell me what needs to be done there. Thanks Again.

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Hi,
I have removed my .co.cc entry from parked domain list , but I unable to change main domain as the link provided by Brandon (x10 Account Management link) still shows my .co.cc domain as parked and when I try to change the main domain it says domain already in use. Please Help!

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
your main domain is umairkhan.co.cc and there is no parked domain on your account.

Is this what you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.