Dell Axim x51.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I wonder if someone can help with a small problem (if you want to call it that).

I've got a Dell Axim x51 pocket PC, and I'd like some instructions on how to update it to windows mobile 6 (the latest stable version for the device, with CF and SD support).

Has anyone done this?

Thanks.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I've got an x51. I can't see anything of relevance on there. The device isn't listed on the homepage, and a search doesn't turn up anything as in depth as I need. Thanks anyway.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
This is the thread you're looking for: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=319350&page=18

You might want to take a look at this Engadget entry before going any further with the Football release. There are also a few entries in this thread that seem to be worth looking at. Keep in mind that you're dealing with an unsupported OS on a discontinued platform, so there may be some hiccups, bugs, and the probability of bricking your PPC is definitely non-zero.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I've decided to stick with WM5. It's fast and stable....that's all I ask. Thanks for the effort anyway. Rep +.