deprected function , have you changed something serverside ' ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

fransini

Reaction score
hi i'm using indexhibit on my page on your server and it always worked.
Since 2 weeks i have this error message on my page. The page works but i have the error messages on my page now displayed. I have not changed anything in cpanel or otherwise.
thx

Deprecated
: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/fransini/public_html/ndxz-studio/defaults.php on line 16

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/fransini/public_html/ndxz-studio/common.php on line 73

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/fransini/public_html/ndxz-studio/lib/router.php on line 54
[h=1]
[/h]

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Have you updated your website's script? Deprecated means that the php code used is no longer supported by the most updated version of php running in your server. If you need to, research the php code to add to your page to turn off the error reporting.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You should have seen those warnings for quite a lot longer than two weeks -- the servers were upgraded to PHP 5.3 some months ago, and all of those functions and features were deprecated in version 5.3.

fransini

Reaction score
I'm using indexhibit and it is quite old, so what can i do now ??
Can you provide the older version of php on your server for my site ? is this possible ?

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
No. You can, however, find a different script that sucks less

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Quick fix:

Add the line

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED);

to the top of index.php (or any other "real" page the script uses as an entry) . This "hides" the problem, but the script should run (at least until a new version of PHP goes from 'deprecated' to not working period).

fransini

Reaction score
thank you descalzo , i added it and it works , thats okey for me for now, so i dont have to find a different script that sucks less

Status
Not open for further replies.