Desparate for help wiht Front Page!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

katyW

Reaction score
I still cannot access my site with Front Page. Is there anyone who uses Front Page and could advise me? I probabaly am using a wrong url but I have tried everything I can think of to open my site in Front Page and cannot do it. Must be some way to do this. I was able to do it on Netfirms by just typing in my domain name but that won't work here.

Katy

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I've never used frontpage but I think you might have to turn front page extensions on in your cPanel?

-Corey

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I can help, I use frontpage for all my sites. If you could please refrase that first post on what you need help with, I would be more then happy to help :)

katyW

Reaction score
The problem is that I can't get it captured in Front Page to work on it. When I choose "edit in Front Page" on my Front Page file menu, the page comes up in Front Page but does not let me save it back to the site. It just gives me the option to save it on my computer not online. And, you know how when you open a page from a site in front page it puts all the files on the Front Page Explorer? Well it doesn't do that here. I just have the one page I chose to edit but then cannot save it back to the web site.

I have tried to open the site in Front Page by typing in the domain with all the possible variations ( armag.x10hosting.com or www.armag.x10hosting.com or using the html:// in front of both of these. Also have tried adding /home and .public_html behind it. Even tried just using x10hosting.com and varaitions of this) but it won't open. In the past on other hosts, I have opened a site by typing in the domain name same as I would put in the browser and it asked for my user name and pass word then opened the site. After that I had it on my list as "Root Directory." I could just go to Front Page and as long as I was online I could open the site in Front Page and work on it.

Either way you can help me get it onto my list of sites on my front page proram will be appreciated. I don't want to transfer my real domain name down yet until I can get this working but when I do that do I just put it as a parked domain or should I request a changed name from you guys?

Thanks a lot for helping.

Katy

Status
Not open for further replies.