Development Package

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
There has been some confusion about a special we had that we left active for quite some time... over 2 years :).

The development package will be expiring at the end of this month, this means you will no longer be able to purchase it. As always if you already have it you're welcome to renew it each year, you just will not be able to order a new one.

Here is a link to the thread with info on it,
http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-announcements/27021-promotional-development-package.html

Here is the direct order link which will expire at the end of the month:
http://clients.x10hosting.com/order.php?step=2&pid=14

Development packages are all manually reviewed and not setup automatically like our other packages, please allow 24 hours for setup.

Last edited:

freenetter

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up on that Corey.

Just to clarify:

1) Are add-on domains additional TLDs one can host with the account along with the original domain name hosted?

2) Are development package subscribers still able to upgrade their disk space like regular free/paid members can? (I'm assuming this is still offered :p )

Thanks

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, each add-on domain is an additional TLD that can be hosted on the account.

No, paid accounts can not be doubled\modified with those upgrades.

dudecat

Reaction score
Can one person have a free hosting account (that was paid to double all) and also a development account or does that violate TOS? Thanks.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, you can do that. A lot of our premium hosting users also have free accounts.

freenetter

Reaction score
Thank you for the clarification Corey - greatly appreciated.
Edit:
Everything else about the plan is fantastic, but 500MB of diskspace is not enough for me :(

Would you consider offering more diskspace to this promotional plan, or to a future promotional plan?

Thanks Corey

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Probably not... it works out to $1.66\mo. One detailed support request would cost more in tech time than the package is worth :p

freenetter

Reaction score
That's a shame :( would've been more viable for me if the plan had more disk space. Anyway, give it a think :D if you ever change your mind, let me know

Cheers

Joshua203

Reaction score
i have a few questions about this corey

may i asume that if in a later stage i descide that i would need a dedicated ip i can upgrade it for $1 a month?

i understand that you get shell acces?

would this renew yearly automatic or renew after a reply of any kind (payment or email respond)?

could i run ajax chat without risking suspention?

how many subdomains can be created?

how many sql?

and last but most important ..

i would pay in euro by paypall how much would i have to transfer yearly ?

i think i love what i read and understand i have to react fast if i want it

PS sorry to bug you with all these questions :dunno:

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
The development package is awesome and it is a terrific deal! I'd recommend everyone buy it while it's still available!

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I've answered your questions below.

i have a few questions about this corey

may i asume that if in a later stage i descide that i would need a dedicated ip i can upgrade it for $1 a month?

Yes, you can purchase a dedicated IP at anytime

i understand that you get shell acces?

It is enabled upon request.

would this renew yearly automatic or renew after a reply of any kind (payment or email respond)?
An email is sent 7 days prior to the renewal date as a reminder.

could i run ajax chat without risking suspention?
There are still resource limitations on all hosting, it is much higher on paid. If your script uses an extreme amount of resources it will not be allowed.

how many sql?

All specs are listed here: http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-announcements/27021-promotional-development-package.html

and last but most important ..

i would pay in euro by paypall how much would i have to transfer yearly ?
Since it constantly change I can only estimate at 13.50

i think i love what i read and understand i have to react fast if i want it

PS sorry to bug you with all these questions :dunno:

Joshua203

Reaction score

how many sql?

All specs are listed here: http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-an...t-package.html

sorry but i did read that thread a couple of times before asking these questions and those two questions/answers are not mentioned there so i m still unclear about that

also,.. if i would like to use the ....exofire.net domain on this package instead of ...x10hosting.com would that be possible?

I m allready trying to get some money into my paypal account because i think i m at least gonna try this for a year, hope i make the deadline because now i m waiting for aproval

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
sorry but i did read that thread a couple of times before asking these questions and those two questions/answers are not mentioned there so i m still unclear about that

also,.. if i would like to use the ....exofire.net domain on this package instead of ...x10hosting.com would that be possible?

I m allready trying to get some money into my paypal account because i think i m at least gonna try this for a year, hope i make the deadline because now i m waiting for aproval

Straight from first post in the linked topic:

We have just created a new paid package called the development package. We're gearing it towards webmasters who are developing scripts by themselves or even with a team. The best part is the price, we are offering it for only $20 a year. The stats are as follows:

500MB Diskspace
20GB Bandwidth
25 FTP Accounts
25 Email Accounts
10 MySQL Databases
10 Parked Domains
10 Add-on Domains

Subdomains isn't listed but I'd bet 10 if it's supposed to match the # of parked/addon domains.

Joshua203

Reaction score
deleted for adding another question about the subdomain that you had just answered .....OOOOOppppz

i m waiting for tranfer aproval from my bank and paypall, i hope i ll get it done before the end of the deal!!!

Last edited:

WyrGecko

Reaction score
A couple questions:

Since the offer is expiring, if we buy the dev. package, what happens when the one year is up? Can we renew it, or will we have to pick another paid/go back to free?

Domain Options: If we already have a site, is it possible to keep our current address/get it redirected? Which option would we pick if we can?
- I want x10Hosting to register a new domain for me.
- I want to transfer my domain to x10Hosting
- I will update my nameservers on an existing domain Or I will register a new domain.
- I want to use a free subdomain.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
A couple questions:

Since the offer is expiring, if we buy the dev. package, what happens when the one year is up? Can we renew it, or will we have to pick another paid/go back to free?

X10 has a policy for any purchased plan that once you buy in to it, you may renew the same plan at the same price as long as you want.

Domain Options: If we already have a site, is it possible to keep our current address/get it redirected? Which option would we pick if we can?
- I want x10Hosting to register a new domain for me.
- I want to transfer my domain to x10Hosting
- I will update my nameservers on an existing domain Or I will register a new domain.
- I want to use a free subdomain.

You can choose in the process to keep your account exactly as it is, but upgrade the hosting, or create a new account. I would do the former. I don't think the domain option is there if you choose to upgrade your current account, but if it asks, you can just tell it you will "update your nameservers" which you don't have to do because they're already working with X10's nameservers :D

WyrGecko

Reaction score
Thanks, though it has left something unanswered, though, actually >.>

___.exofire . net wouldn't get accepted and putting in something random would = support ticket delay, I'd think

Last edited:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Thanks, though it has left something unanswered, though, actually >.>

___.exofire . net wouldn't get accepted and putting in something random would = support ticket delay, I'd think

Did you click on "I want to use a free subdomain" and put in your old subdomain?

Status
Not open for further replies.