Did X10 recover from major crash ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinkin

Reaction score
Hi,

Did just now x10 servers recover from major crash or something like that ?
My forum was having ~15,000 posts and suddenly its showing now ~10,000 what happened exactly ? and will i get my DB back or not ?

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Are you on Chopin?

This happened to me on Lotus the other day. The databases were rolleb back by about 2 months. It just corrected itself after an hour or so. The link from MySQL to accounts was broken, so the server defaulted back to the latest working one, in my case, 2 months prior.

Hope this helps :)

dpilmore

Reaction score
Hi,

Did just now x10 servers recover from major crash or something like that ?
My forum was having ~15,000 posts and suddenly its showing now ~10,000 what happened exactly ? and will i get my DB back or not ?

ive got the same problem mate, only half of my sites members have gone and alot of my data

vinkin

Reaction score
Thanks stpvoice

Hope the same happens in my case too, ya i am on chopin.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Should do.

I paniked. The most recent database backup I have is about a month old-a long time in terms of changes. Lucky for me, all the databases came back as admin restored the MySQL-server links. The same should happen in your case. Give it an hour.

Hope this helps. :)

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
By the way, DO NOT apply a database backup for an hour or so, as if admin are working on them, and are applying links etc. they could be corrupted if you start messing from your end too.

vinkin

Reaction score
ya thats correct, I have just closed the forum so that people also should not access DB. Will wait and see what happens.

Naysha

Reaction score
the worst is that yesterday i made a backup of my site, but as i did it to late and i was tired i decided to download it today.. :'(... the last backup i have on my computer is from 20-10-09... i want to cry!!! :'(

kalanac

Reaction score
I made a back up a few minutes before the crash it seems (ultimate luck!), nearly *very rude worded* myself when my forum was practically reset to the beginning.

I applied the restore before I read here, I hope that hasn't caused problems.

Hoobrum

Reaction score
well you should try to keep a copy for your own backup purposes. But in dynamic sites that may be harder.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
What do you expect when they name all the free servers after Vodkas?

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Backups are the responsibility of the end user. So in other words:

Incase of data loss, you're on your own mate! :D

vinkin

Reaction score
ya specially in free servers its totally user's responsibility, but no hosting provider will crash their own server purposely, some times its just fate thats all.

Now my site's link to DB is completely lost. Hope will return will full up to date back up.

kalanac

Reaction score
I take it this issue is the reason behind the current MySQL lock out?

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
It should be okay, but you'll have to be patient.

Like I said, it happened to me the other day, I had dinner, came back, and it was fine.
I was told that the link had gone down by staff, and I'm assuming server updates caused it.
Edit:
And, yes, this is most likely the reason behind any MySQL problems you are having at the moment.

:)
Edit:
Thanks for the rep kalanac! PM me any time for help :)

Last edited:

arenacreative

Reaction score
I hope the admins at least know the MySQL is down. I mean, I'm 5 hours into my workday and it's still down. I was able to get it to work a few times earlier this morning, but only for a couple seconds.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm sure they do, but if you want to be sure, you could write on their profile 'wall' as it were.

Status
Not open for further replies.