Did you buy the new 80gb PS3?

Kylan

Reaction score
I was planning to but all were sold out before mid day yesterday. How about you and how do you like MGS4?

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
I would have gotten it but then I was $100 short they had like 1-2 left on thurs.

deviousnaraku

Reaction score
I didn't buy the new 80gb since I already have a 60gb. Anyhow, if you've played any of the Metal Gear games before, you'll love this one. Graphics/Gameplay are great and the cut scenes are awesome. Lots of surprises when you first put the game in...which I wont spoil for anyone. My biggest complaint (like many others) about the game though is the way they did Metal Gear Online. Instead of using your PSN ID they make you register for a Konami ID and a Game ID. Then you create a Character ID which is what you use to find your friends and vice versa. You also only get 1 character per PS3 unit instead of per PS3 User. If you have anyone else using your PS3 you may want to purchase a new character for them to use online or they'll use yours. Also the voice chat system is really horrible at the moment. A lot of the time you'll only hear parts of what someone is saying: It cuts in and out a lot! Hopefully they'll fix it with future updates.

Sohail

Reaction score
Same with me, i recently brought the PS3 when it first came out and at that time the best available model was the 60GB, otherwise i would have brought that, i heard the controllers are able to vibrate now... That's a really good feature but i don't think it's supported by my system.

Kylan

Reaction score
I was able to find one at a Walmart. They had only one left. So far I am really happy with it and MGS4 is awesome. I played MGS 1 and 2 and I love this one. Nice surprise when you start the game but I wont spoil it either.

Scott B

Reaction score
Same with me, i recently brought the PS3 when it first came out and at that time the best available model was the 60GB, otherwise i would have brought that, i heard the controllers are able to vibrate now... That's a really good feature but i don't think it's supported by my system.
I think all systems are able to support vibration with the Dualshock 3 with a firmware upgrade

Last edited:

Clinton

Reaction score
I still have my launch unit but that Gun Metal 80gb version was tempting.

Xoalazord

Reaction score
MGS4 is one of the few reasons I would get a PS3 but the system is still too expensive. MGS4 will be available for quite a while and drop in price so I don't have too much to worry about if I wait. I just got a PSP anyway since it had finally built up enough games to merit getting it. I have hardly played it yet though.