Did you play ''No Russia'' in MW2

xmentalx

Reaction score
Well? Personally i liked it but did you?

Some people found it quite offencive

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yea I played it, twice even. First time through I didn't kill anyone, second time I just went nuts.

nugames

Reaction score
Played it the first time I played the game, currently working on Hardened mode, played it then too. Once I go to Veteran, Ill play it there too. And it's called "No Russian".

Honestly, it's really stupid to say it shouldn't have been in the game, or, it's horrible to do. what's the difference between killing a bunch of people in an airport, than killing a bunch of militias in Rio later on in the game? Occupation? Not a single person will play that level and say "Wow, now I know how to carry out a terrorist attack". Pointless controversy started by useless media. Yet again. How pointless? Apparently, Mass Effect 1 doubles as a full fledged sex game according to many main-stream media outlets, yet, if you actually play the game, it's only one scene, and barely anything is shown.

I'm really getting sick of people taking a game, and blowing a small part of it WAY out of proportion and then thinking, "Well hey, if this is in the game then the rest of it must be just as horrifying." Well, if you think about it, yeah. War is horrifying. Don't like it? Put down the controller.

Last edited:

Clinton

Reaction score
Nothing offensive about it at all to me. It's just a videogame, no more serious than most movies.

njn007

Reaction score
Nothing offensive about it at all to me. It's just a videogame, no more serious than most movies.

That's mainly how I feel. It's not real and it's not meant to happen. It's just imagination at work.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
That's mainly how I feel. It's not real and it's not meant to happen. It's just imagination at work.

I'm officially handing out cookies right now - you're the few people that aren't extremists or the gamers who can't tell the difference between fantasy and reality.

Any criminal who has ever said "I learned it from <insert game here>" deserves to be mutilated by bathing them in a vat of razor sharp AOL cd fragments. I honestly go the same route for folks who think any video game causes extreme violence. I encourage them to check my RAP sheet; it's curiously blank for someone whose played every GTA (except 4, which refuses to play nice on my pc, although i do have like 5-10hrs into it), FEAR, Crysis, Unreal Tournament, Unreal, CS:S, Spore (seriously, the creationist extremist groups feel it's forcing Evolution on kids, so it counts in this argument!), and Modern Warfare 1 (dun have the $ for 2, not sure it warrants it since I don't do online, and MW1 I beat at a friends house in a day thanks to a criminally short single player storyline).

Seriously, that record of games would make most extremist groups say "OMG HE KILLS PREGNANT WOMEN AND EATS BABIES!" C'mon. Not even a bloody speeding ticket (and that's a given with games like Need For Speed Most Wanted/Underground/Pro Street, GRID, Nascar SimRacing...)

That said, am I gathering it's basically a level where you go shooting civvies in a mall? Cause if that's what it is, there's a bit of a problem.

Rockstar beat them to it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Emergency_(video_game) <-- whole first level is you in a mall, although I will point out you get penalized for civilian kills, but only when it flashes Penalty Civilian Kills on the right. If it doesn't and a civvie gets in the way...Well, you get the idea. That's a whole game developed around it and there wasn't as much controversy as I'm picking up from MW2; wtf?

nugames

Reaction score
Close. It was an airport. Reason I'm thinking it didn't get any controversy is because you get penalized for civilian kills. In modern warfare 2, you can go through the entire level without shooting a single person. Nothing happens. You can go through the entire level and kill everything in sight, and still, nothing happens to alter the story in any way, or alter your "points" or stats of the game.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Close. It was an airport. Reason I'm thinking it didn't get any controversy is because you get penalized for civilian kills. In modern warfare 2, you can go through the entire level without shooting a single person. Nothing happens. You can go through the entire level and kill everything in sight, and still, nothing happens to alter the story in any way, or alter your "points" or stats of the game.

Only thing that happens is that in some of the missions you'll die if you don't kill ;) UNLESS you're very lucky/the AI is being retarded.

But I seriously don't get the controversy such things form over games. I have a stockpile of games here, many of which are rated M for violence, weapons, gore, language, and some other things and I'm not running around with handguns shooting peoples heads off or for that matter insane, am I? People have to see video games as a piece of artwork so to speak, rather than a new form of motivation tool. Quite honestly, if a person was that unstable in the first place to be affected by a video game, that should have been addressed from day one.

Last edited:

nugames

Reaction score
Only thing that happens is that in some of the missions you'll die if you don't kill ;) UNLESS you're very lucky/the AI is being retarded.

Well, I meant No Russian. The only way you could possibly go through the game without killing anyone is if you were on Recruit, and the game was glitching like mad. Because in many parts of the game, you're on your own.

ps3fan401

Reaction score
It didn't even bother me, movies are sometimes worse. Just a video game....

cfellows

Reaction score
Ya I played it several times through. The warning at the beggning of the game had me guessing the whole time which mission you could have skipped. It all most didn't occur to me that it was No Russia.