difference of c# and c++

bag07l25

Reaction score
hello everybody,
i want to know what the differnce between c# and c++ is.
please inform me about that if you has information for this.

jkoritzinsky16

Reaction score
C++ is a systems programming language for all operating systems. It is not supported by a specific company.
C# is a programming language that is part of the .NET Framework. It can be used for systems programming and web programming.

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
The number of similarities and differences are numerous and would fill a book. Why do you need to compare the two?

sandterminus18

Reaction score
He probably wants to know because he's interested in learning one of the two. I'd say go with C++. It's more versatile than C#, albeit may be more difficult. In the end though, I think you'll be glad you chose it over C#. :tongue:

All assuming you wanted to know because you wanted to learn, of course.

Last edited:

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't like making assumptions; this could also be a homework question. We shouldn't even assume the OP is male.

As for C++ being more versatile than C#, there are things C# supports that C++ doesn't (though boost closes the gap, as does C++0x). There's no reason one couldn't learn both. As for what to start with: Lisp. Whether that should be Scheme or Common Lisp, ...

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
... or Racket, or Arc, or Clojure (if the Java Virtual Machine or Dalvik turns your crank). All else is Blub (read the essay; you won't be sorry).

The main difference between C++ and C# (sorry, had to use an octothorpe rather than a sharp sign) is that in C# you have to explicitly declare your Heisenbugs in a single-threaded application by using the unsafe keyword. Both languages have Bohrbug and ordinary Mandelbug structuring as full-time built-in features requiring no special directives. You're also less likely to open a dot CS file in a text editor to find that the module was actually written in COBOL, Pascal or LOLCODE (with a header file full of defs and macros making that possible hidden somewhere in the system).

the.plerks81

Reaction score
Dear bag07l25;

I Know This is gonna sound lame but, you might wanna try the both of them, start with the C++ and then move on to C# much easier that way. Learning the both of them would broaden your knowledge about the C-Language. You Might wanna search for documents on the web also.

Good Luck and GOD Bless,
The PLERKS :)