Difficulties setting up a domain as the main one for my account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynical

Reaction score
Hi,
I own CYNICOLLISION.NET and want it to be my main domain for my account (I already did this in my hosting settings). I have indicated NS1.X10HOSTING.COM and NS2.X10HOSTING.COM as the nameservers in my provider's (GoDaddy) domain manager, and it appears that this change has gone through on GoDaddy's side, but when i try to access my web site, my old x10 domain (cynical.pcriot.com) is shown in the address bar briefly before showing x10's 404 page.

I know these changes don't happen instantaneously, but I need my web site ASAP so I decided to put in a support request even though I understand it could just be a matter of time as it is. Or it could be that I don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to domain names. I do not have any forwarding set up and my main domain is set as CYNICOLLISION.NET in my account settings.

Thanks,
--Sean

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
The domain itself is working here, but on the blog, you have a misconfiguration in wordpress - wordpress is still trying to use the old x10 domain.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_The_Site_URL <-- that's where you'll want to start for fixing that. It'll fix the site theme as well, which is trying to use images from the old domain which doesn't exist yet.

Cynical

Reaction score
Awesome, I hadn't even thought of that. Everything seems to be working fine now, thank you for the help.

--Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.