Disappointed with x10 Hosting

akelly1980s91

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am pretty disappointed with x10 hosting because my account was suspended.

Great service and all, but since I did not log into the forum my account has been deleted?

I thought by logging into my account via the WP admin that I was OK, but apparently not.

-Angel

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Is my site permanently deleted?

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
If you took the time to read our Terms of Service, which you agree to upon signup, it explicitly states that you must log into THESE forums (http://x10hosting.com/forums) once every 31 days to keep your account active. We cannot be more explicit in stating what does and doesn't count for this, you just need to actually take the time to read what you are agreeing to.

If your account was suspended for inactivity, and you didn't unsuspend it in 14 days, then it is deleted permanently.

silverbird775

Reaction score
akelly1980s91,

If you got the suspension warning letter and you did not unsuspend the account, the account must be gone now. Note though the unsuspend would not work without visiting a forum as you should do the log in anyway.

These are very simple rules to follow and they convince you to read the forum at least sometimes. It's worth some brief reading anyway to better understand how the hosting rules work in practice.

Skizzerz gave you a very standard answer, indeed the most correct one, because the ToS (+AUP) cover up all service termination cases. Although i'd like to make just a little correction, the ToS require just to visit this forum it does not say log in explicitly (did i miss it?). But the log in require when visiting unidentified. This part really needs a bit of forum reading because following the ToS word here could be not enough. So, the Inactivity rule require the both log-in and re-visiting every 31 days. Could be a language barrier but that particular rule puzzled me at first, especially after reading the forum's search response to log-in every 31 days which i thought was meant re-log-in actually. It took some time to settle it.

Okay.

I've tried to get in your shoes, akelly1980s91, but the ToS say plain and clear to visit the forum, it could not be twisted another way.

Last edited:

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Hmm, good catch silverbird, it does only say "visit" and not "log in" -- I'll see what I can do in order to get the wording tweaked to reflect that the user must actually log into the forum for it to count as a visit.

rachellouise8534

Reaction score
ahh, thank you my account was suspended also, and I was wondering why, as I have visited the forums. I am always logged in though, so I will remember to log out, then back in again.

Thank you :)

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
ahh, thank you my account was suspended also, and I was wondering why, as I have visited the forums. I am always logged in though, so I will remember to log out, then back in again.

Thank you :)

You don't have to log out and back in - As long as you are logged into the forums when you visit once every 30 days, and the forum account is tied to your hosting. If you're not sure that the forum account is tied in, then you can check by logging into your account control panel at http://x10hosting.com/control and looking at the yellow box in the upper right - In the row that says 'Forum Account', it will shows 'username' and then the forum username that you should be logging in with.

hsoares8584

Reaction score
I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed with a free service, I honestly felt the same way when I first started coming here. If you sit down with the staff via chat and express your concerns, 90% of the time the situation will be remedied as long as it does not break the Terms of Service that they originally set in place. There system is still relatively new and they are open to suggestions, in reality, the fact that they want to keep their free customers active is a good system. It makes it so that the customers are forced to be part of a community who is offering their services for free, and make it so they we as free customers can provide more of a feedback on their product.

rachellouise8534

Reaction score
okay, thanks, I think there was a problem before. Now I can post, but before it said I didn't have permission. I don't know if I was actually logged in or not; but now as I can post, I guess I'm actually logged in :D